Why become a member? ×

NBD - Avoid Wunjo's!

Happy Jack

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1426430940' post='2717963']
Congratulations, outstanding purchase Sir! I was only looking at this on the Wunjo site last night thinking what a great piece it is.

Any change of some sound clips?
[/quote]

Sound clips? Nah! Come round and try it for yourself ...

Scale length should be 32".

As much as I love Mosrite guitars and basses I can't justify the prices that either "new" models or the originals are fetching these days (HJ that was one hell of an impulse purchase!) I'd be looking at one of the copies by Hallmark (the best of the sensibly priced copies IMO).

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='1970' timestamp='1426524324' post='2718829']
Nice - I have a '65 mosrite as well! Mine's identical but in sunburst.

The blue is my absolute favourite colour though. Here's why:

If I had seen it before you I have no doubt it would be in my hands now.
[/quote]

Now I could play it cool and wait for someone else to ask who those guys are ...

Very cool! I especially like the shape of it , kinda reminds me of a reverse Jazz body

I noticed the font of "Venture" on the headstock and its the same as the Adult Swim cartoon "Venture brothers" . I wonder if the two are connected? Perhaps the creator has love of these as well.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1426533063' post='2719029']
+1 on this chap (Kevin?) he's given the two new basses I've bought a great set up. You get two years unlimited set-ups on new basses, how's it work with vintage ones?
[/quote]

After the amount of work he had to do on this sale, and the very tight timescales he had to do it in, I'd feel really bad about going back in a year and claiming "my free set-up"!

:lol:

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1426536999' post='2719110']
After the amount of work he had to do on this sale, and the very tight timescales he had to do it in, I'd feel really bad about going back in a year and claiming "my free set-up"!

:lol:
[/quote]

Well, with the price you paid, it must be factored in, so not exactly free? I wouldn't feel bad about anything, after all Kev is just there to service Wunjo customers, so fill your boots.

In fact, if you don't take it back at least once a month for a tweak Kev might find himself out of a job. You didn't think of it that way round did you?

[quote name='Thump' timestamp='1426528149' post='2718935']
Very cool! I especially like the shape of it , kinda reminds me of a reverse Jazz body

I noticed the font of "Venture" on the headstock and its the same as the Adult Swim cartoon "Venture brothers" . I wonder if the two are connected? Perhaps the creator has love of these as well.
[/quote]

The Ventures:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bKG0p6Tv9Q&spfreload=10[/media]

And some very nifty bass playing from Nokie Edwards.

Edited by BigRedX