Why become a member? ×

Bumped into Leland Sklar today!

steviedee

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1426370600' post='2717489']
[b]Leland Bruce "Lee" Sklar[/b] (born May 28, 1947 in [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milwaukee"]Milwaukee[/url]) is an American musician

I didn't know Leland was a home town guy.

Blue
[/quote]

Check out "The Section". Him, Russ Kunkel and Danny Kooch played on most of the early Carole King and James Taylor Albums, Lee Sklar has gone on to play with almost everyone including artists as disparate as Phil Collins, Billy Cobham and Lyle Lovett.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1426467675' post='2718342']
Check out "The Section". Him, Russ Kunkel and Danny Kooch played on most of the early Carole King and James Taylor Albums, Lee Sklar has gone on to play with almost everyone including artists as disparate as Phil Collins, Billy Cobham and Lyle Lovett.
[/quote]

Very interesting connecting the dots here. I always wondered how our local guitar hero ( Milwaukee WI ) Daryl Strummer got that gig with Phil Collins?

Blue

• 2 months later...

[b]Leland Bruce "Lee" Sklar[/b] (born May 28, 1947 in [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milwaukee"]Milwaukee[/url]) is an American musician

Blue
[/quote]

Great day for a birthday, too! B)

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1426538515' post='2719145']
Very interesting connecting the dots here. I always wondered how our local guitar hero ( Milwaukee WI ) Daryl Strummer got that gig with Phil Collins?
[/quote]
Alphonso Johnson recommended him to replace Steve Hackett. Steve Hackett was focussing on his sick daughter and being given a lot of grief by the others at the time over his lack of committment to the band.

Blue
[/quote]

I thought he came from Orthanc?

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1434371039' post='2798949']

Alphonso Johnson recommended him to replace Steve Hackett. Steve Hackett was focussing on his sick daughter and being given a lot of grief by the others at the time over his lack of committment to the band.
[/quote]

Oi fink the sick daughter thing was Mr. Gabriel during the recording of The Lamb.

AFAIA, Hackett was just hacked off that his tunes weren't being included on the records.