Why become a member? ×

Herts Bash 2015 - Sunday 14th June, 12 to 5pm

TheGreek

I am a possible for this: have a gig at a beer festival the night before but assuming I can manage to wake up on Sunday, what would people like to see?

Fender CIJ '70s precision, Nordstrand pickup and P-Retro, maple fingerboard, and Yamaha BB800, rosewood fingerboard for the comparison?

Yamaha BBNe2 Nathan East Sig?
MTD Kingston Artist 5?
Duesenberg Star Bass?
Various Bass Collections, fretted and fretless?
'70's Double Bass?

Edited by pete.young

I'm going to try and make this. The first Herts bash in 2013 was great fun but I had to miss last year. I should be free this weekend but a recent back problem may dictate otherwise (Jack, where are you when I need you?! ;) ).

Gear - depends on the aforementioned back problem but I'll probably bring 'old reliable' (Stingray 5, 1989, maple neck). Possibly also a 2001 Stingray 4-string fretless (Rosewood neck) and a 1991 Tune TWB-6 6-stringer (Rosewood neck). (Or other basses as per my signature pic if there's any interest).

Hope to see you all on Sunday. :)

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1433972090' post='2795634']
I am a possible for this: have a gig at a beer festival the night before but assuming I can manage to wake up on Sunday, what would people like to see?

Fender CIJ '70s precision, Nordstrand pickup and P-Retro, maple fingerboard, and Yamaha BB800, rosewood fingerboard for the comparison?

Yamaha BBNe2 Nathan East Sig?
MTD Kingston Artist 5?
Duesenberg Star Bass?
Various Bass Collections, fretted and fretless?
'70's Double Bass?
[/quote]

The Yamahas!

[quote name='Stingray5' timestamp='1433977508' post='2795701']
I'm going to try and make this. The first Herts bash in 2013 was great fun but I had to miss last year. I should be free this weekend but a recent back problem may dictate otherwise (Jack, where are you when I need you?! ;) ).

Gear - depends on the aforementioned back problem but I'll probably bring 'old reliable' (Stingray 5, 1989, maple neck). Possibly also a 2001 Stingray 4-string fretless (Rosewood neck) and a 1991 Tune TWB-6 6-stringer (Rosewood neck). (Or other basses as per my signature pic if there's any interest).

[/quote]

The Westones!

:)

Pete and Steve - hope to see both of you there! Steve, take care and do the Pilates exercises. Would be great to catch up!

Updated list

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#282828]Grangur - [i]Warwick Streamers - with and without frets. Westone Thunder 1a - active P[/i][/color]
[color=#282828]Lozz196 - [i]1978 Precision (ash/maple) Aguilar Tonehammer, Barefaced Super 12T[/i][/color]
[color=#282828]Sibob [/color][color=#282828]- [/color][i]'71 P-Bass / Fender Japan Medium Scale Jazz / Fodera Matt Garrison Standard / Fender USA-Japanese Precision [/i]
[color=#282828]Seashell[/color]
[color=#282828]Bassface2k10[/color][color=#282828] - [/color][i]MM Ray with Maple board[/i]
[color=#282828]Ratman - Squire PJ, Epiphone Jack Casady, Streamliner 900, Bergantino 1x12, various pedals.[/color]
[color=#282828]Bottle - [i]Ibanez 4-string, various f/x pedals, couple of 12" cabs, maybe my 4W Valve Amp if I can finish the head case in time[/i][/color]
[color=#282828]Happy Jack - [i]Mike Lull Thunderbird + 1965 Mosrite 'The Ventures'[/i][/color]
[color=#282828]Bluejay[/color][color=#282828] - [/color][i]Lefty fretless Warwick Corvette Pro 5[/i]
[color=#282828]Jazzneck - [i]pre EB MM Stingray with Rosewood board[/i][/color]
[color=#282828]Gary Mac[/color]
[color=#282828]Sharkfinger[/color]
[color=#282828]theyellowcar[/color]
[color=#282828]such - [/color][i]Marcus jazz with Sadowsky preamp. Maple fretboard [/i]
[color=#282828]Bikenbass -[/color][i] Ibanez fretless and Dingwall Combustion[/i]
[color=#282828]Barkin [?][/color]
[color=#282828]Ordep - [/color][i]zon sonus 5, tecamp puma 900+barefaced big baby2.[/i][color=#282828] (and a couple of bassist friends [?])[/color]
[color=#282828]timhiggins [?][/color]
[color=#282828]hertsbass - [/color][i]maple neck Fender P[/i]
[color=#282828]Macdaddy - [/color][i]Iceni custom 4 string[/i]
[color=#282828]Chimike - [/color][i]Acoustic 220 rig if space allows[/i][color=#282828] [/color]
ChunkyMunky - [i]Musicman Bongo 5Hs, GenzBenz Shuttle 3.0-10T (providing it hasn't sold, already)[/i][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#282828]Wrongfingers - [/color][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#282828]ahpook [?] -[/color][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#282828]Bassman Sam[/color][/font] - [i]one or more of a MIM P, a Bass Collection Nanyo SB310, Zoom B3 and a Line6 LB400 2x10 if needed[/i]
el-gnomo - [i]one or more of lefty Iceni 5-string custom, Fender MIJ 62 re-issue jazz, Yamaha BB fretless
and amp, GB Streamliner 900, and Tech soundsystems (now TecAmp) cabs[/i]
Pineweasel - [i]lefty Fender US Jazz and a Wal fretless - plus Tone Hammer 500 & BF Super Compact[/i]
NickD - [i]Lakland Skyline 55 01 (maple board)[/i]
pete.young [?] -
Stingray5 [?] -

[quote name='Stingray5' timestamp='1433977508' post='2795701']

[/quote]

Well I'll be at the bash actually.

Best bring Old Reliable so that people can understand how you got your back problem. :rolleyes:

Oh, and a crane to lift it of course. :lol:

[quote name='such' timestamp='1433984531' post='2795721']
The Westones!

:)
[/quote]

Will do, provided I can bring a crane (see Jack's post) ;)

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1434003219' post='2795747']
Pete and Steve - hope to see both of you there! Steve, take care and do the Pilates exercises. Would be great to catch up!

[/quote]

Looking forward to it :)

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1434003329' post='2795749']
Well I'll be at the bash actually.

Best bring Old Reliable so that people can understand how you got your back problem. :rolleyes:

Oh, and a crane to lift it of course. :lol:
[/quote]

I may just fit wheels and a motor and ride it in! ;)

What a pity you can't make it, Dave. Hopefully see you at the SE Bash, then!

Updated list

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#282828]Grangur - [i]Warwick Streamers - with and without frets. Westone Thunder 1a - active P[/i][/color]
[color=#282828]Lozz196 - [i]1978 Precision (ash/maple) Aguilar Tonehammer, Barefaced Super 12T[/i][/color]
[color=#282828]Sibob [/color][color=#282828]- [/color][i]'71 P-Bass / Fender Japan Medium Scale Jazz / Fodera Matt Garrison Standard / Fender USA-Japanese Precision [/i]
[color=#282828]Seashell[/color]
[color=#282828]Bassface2k10[/color][color=#282828] - [/color][i]MM Ray with Maple board[/i]
[color=#282828]Ratman - Squire PJ, Epiphone Jack Casady, Streamliner 900, Bergantino 1x12, various pedals.[/color]
[color=#282828]Bottle - [i]Ibanez 4-string, various f/x pedals, couple of 12" cabs, maybe my 4W Valve Amp if I can finish the head case in time[/i][/color]
[color=#282828]Happy Jack - [i]Mike Lull Thunderbird + 1965 Mosrite 'The Ventures'[/i][/color]
[color=#282828]Bluejay[/color][color=#282828] - [/color][i]Lefty fretless Warwick Corvette Pro 5[/i]
[color=#282828]Jazzneck - [i]pre EB MM Stingray with Rosewood board[/i][/color]
[color=#282828]Gary Mac[/color]
[color=#282828]Sharkfinger[/color]
[color=#282828]such - [/color][i]Marcus jazz with Sadowsky preamp. Maple fretboard [/i]
[color=#282828]Bikenbass -[/color][i] Ibanez fretless and Dingwall Combustion[/i]
[color=#282828]Barkin [?] -[/color]
[color=#282828]Ordep - [/color][i]zon sonus 5, tecamp puma 900+barefaced big baby2.[/i][color=#282828] (and a couple of bassist friends [?])[/color]
[color=#282828]timhiggins [?] -[/color]
[color=#282828]hertsbass - [/color][i]maple neck Fender P[/i]
[color=#282828]Macdaddy - [/color][i]Iceni custom 4 string[/i]
[color=#282828]Chimike - [/color][i]Acoustic 220 rig if space allows[/i][color=#282828] [/color]
ChunkyMunky - [i]Musicman Bongo 5Hs, GenzBenz Shuttle 3.0-10T (providing it hasn't sold, already)[/i][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#282828]Wrongfingers - [/color][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#282828]ahpook [?] -[/color][/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][color=#282828]Bassman Sam[/color][/font] - [i]one or more of a MIM P, a Bass Collection Nanyo SB310, Zoom B3 and a Line6 LB400 2x10 if needed[/i]
el-gnomo - [i]one or more of lefty Iceni 5-string custom, Fender MIJ 62 re-issue jazz, Yamaha BB fretless
and amp, GB Streamliner 900, and Tech soundsystems (now TecAmp) cabs[/i]
Pineweasel - [i]lefty Fender US Jazz and a Wal fretless - plus Tone Hammer 500 & BF Super Compact[/i]
NickD - [i]Lakland Skyline 55 01 (maple board)[/i]
pete.young [?] -
Stingray5 [?] -

I'm going to have to withdraw. I'm at my brother's place in Newark visiting my old mum, she has dementia now and is going down fast. She has done well up to now at 91 but I feel I should spend some time with her. She has gone down quickly since my wedding in March and my brother has not been keeping me updated on her health. I hope youal have a great day.

totally understandable Bassman Sam, sad to hear it. I neglected my parents for a couple of years and was kind of shocked how much that time can change your dear ones when you don't see them. Trying to catch up and keep up now. Give your mum lots of love.

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1434232834' post='2797895']
I'm going to have to withdraw. I'm at my brother's place in Newark visiting my old mum, she has dementia now and is going down fast. She has done well up to now at 91 but I feel I should spend some time with her. She has gone down quickly since my wedding in March and my brother has not been keeping me updated on her health. I hope youal have a great day.
[/quote]
So sorry to hear this mate.

Look forward to meeting to another time.

To avoid confusion, can those attending and bringing gear come to the canteen area and pay BEFORE unloading their gear please...we will be sharing the carpark with the church till about 12.30....

See you all later..

Sam, sorry to hear about your Mum ...best wishes..

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1433938313' post='2795236']
I've just finalised the schedule and info sheet for the day - download, print and/or share here: [url="https://goo.gl/dlJ9kS"]https://goo.gl/dlJ9kS[/url]
See you there! :)
[/quote]
Looks grand Sylvia :) Looking forward to catching up with everyone

Car is now loaded. Quick pitstop to fill up with fuel and I'll be on my way :) see you all in a couple of hours

ATB,
Ian

[quote name='Bassman Sam' timestamp='1434232834' post='2797895']
[/quote]
So sorry to hear this Sam

Take care and God Bless
Ian

Looking forward to seeing everyone today but I'm afraid I'll have to leave my gear at home. As previously mentioned, I had some recent back problems and although things feel very much better now, I'd rather not risk lugging instruments and amps etc., particularly as I have some gigs looming in the next couple of weeks. Apologies to such, who requested I bring the Westones. Maybe the South East Bass Bash? :-)