Why become a member? ×

Bass Rig Hire

JTUK

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1426185306' post='2715439']
Choose a figure but include a damage deposit of the value of the gear, refundable if it returns OK?
[/quote]

Very sensible and prudent.... but it's a favour to a 'mate' and altho I think there is a budget for it, it isn't a true
commercial project. I kind of wish I'd kept my mouth shut

Well they could hire from a practise studio a rig to get through a gig for 40-60 depending where they go / what they're after, so around that figure would be all right, just amp and cab, but if they wanted to use yours for 'your exact gear' as that's what's been requested and you happen to have it, definitely charge more!

Edited by Old_Ben

The spec request was they wanted a 810, Ampeg, EBS or Eden for a one-off date
and obviously a few people offered to provide a rig. So, if they wanted such a specific rider
then they must know how much that sort of rig is worth.

As its a muso mate, I think I'll say £45 and they garauntee to return it in perfect order.
I'd prefer it to be flightcased but it is obnly covered. The cabs are VVGC.

As I said, I wish I'd not gotten involved and should have thought it thru..

Edited by JTUK

[quote name='Chrismanbass' timestamp='1426237088' post='2715872']
the Joint in london will hire you an ampeg 8x10 plus an svt 3 for £40/day

and audio hire in kilburn will hire you an SVT2 plus 8x10 for £65

obviously that doesn't include delivery

but is it worth risking your rig for so little money?
[/quote]

Agree, I think I'll price it to make him go elsewhere...
surprised on those London rates tho...

yeh just remember that doesn't include delivery and is only one day

but if a mate has a decent size car (estate) it'd be cheaper to drive up and hire from a local hire firm

where abouts are you based?

a friend of mine in Brighton will

hire you and ampeg svt 2 and 8x10

for £60 a day

[url="http://www.oooshtours.co.uk/backlinehire.php"]http://www.oooshtour...acklinehire.php[/url]

Edited by Chrismanbass

[quote name='Dan Dare' timestamp='1426341849' post='2717121']
I wouldn't do it. Commercial hirers are covered by insurance if it gets damaged. You won't be and risk losing a friendship if there's a problem.
[/quote]

I'm employed on the night so I'll be there for the gig...so will be close enough to keep an eye on it.

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1426366306' post='2717451']
Unless you have a rig specifically for hire that you don't need and don't care about, for me it would be a "No".

On the occasional double bill when the other bass player wants to use my amp, my response is always "No". My reasoning, I can't afford to replace my rig if anything were to happen to it and people treat and use equipment differently.

Blue
[/quote]

Edited by blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1426366306' post='2717451']
[size=4]On the occasional double bill when the other bass player wants to use my amp, my response is always "No". [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]My reasoning, I can't afford to replace my rig if anything were to happen to it and people treat and use equipment differently.[/font][/color]

Blue[/size]
[/quote]

Although I might be able to pay for repair or replacement of kit that someone else has broken - why on earth should I? The first you will know is when you plug into your amp, and the other guy is out the door!

Although I've replied elsewhere one of the posts above reminded me about a friend who loaned out a nice Eden rig a while ago.

One driver totally blown in a cab (maybe two), long delay to source replacement and no recompense from the person who borrowed the cab :(

I've weighed it all up... I'll be on the gig, and I've made contacts plus I'm running
all cabs within a properly specc'ed P.A so I am thinking the rig becomes just a bass
monitor and it is more than man enough for that. I'm pretty sure they wont be able to
use anything like the volume of tap if they want to control the stage sound so I'm happy
and think I've covered the bases as it were...