Why become a member? ×

JJB-500 Ashdown Jean Jacques Burnel Signature Bass Amp WITHDRAWN
£450

bonnp

[quote name='bonnp' timestamp='1426016167' post='2713513']
JJ Burnel Amp Head, one of the original first 10 without the logo. I bought this from about a year ago from a guy but have never used it, just tested it. I don't have the room and my eyesight is failing so am struggling.includes amp case which was around £100
info from Ashdown:
Suitably equipped instruments can be plugged in via a balanced, low impedance XLR input for the ultimate low-noise connection, with a conventional jack provided to accommodate standard instruments. The optimum input level is set by an input gain control, operated in conjunction with a classic, illuminated Ashdown VU meter. Precision tone shaping comes courtesy of a 12-band graphic equalizer, which can be switched in and out from the front panel. Unique to Ashdown Labs is a revolutionary Harmonic Emphasis circuit that actually synthesizes new harmonics which combine with the originals under variable level control to create a stunning extra top-end ‘zing’ – like permanently playing with new strings. The balanced DI output on the front panel can be switched pre and post EQ, and a tuner output with mute switch is provided for silent tuning.
The massive, shielded toroidal transformer is custom designed for the Ashdown JJ-500 and ensures a continuous, regulated supply to power huge transients across a wide frequency response.
Preamplifier features include low impedance and conventional instrument inputs, illuminated VU meter, Harmonic Emphasis, 12-band graphic EQ, switchable pre and post EQ balanced DI output, tuner output with mute switch, line output, effects loop and speaker outputs on jack and Speakon connectors.

This is heavy around 12 kg i think, prefer someone to try and collect, or i can deliver within 30 miles of Durham, will post NEW PRICE IS £380 including postage and flight case [attachment=186021:_SAM0167.jpg][attachment=186022:_SAM0174.jpg][attachment=186023:_SAM0170.jpg]
[/quote]

JJ Burnel Amp Head, one of the original first 10 without the logo. I bought this from about a year ago from a guy but have never used it, just tested it. I don't have the room and my eyesight is failing so am struggling.
info from Ashdown:
Suitably equipped instruments can be plugged in via a balanced, low impedance XLR input for the ultimate low-noise connection, with a conventional jack provided to accommodate standard instruments. The optimum input level is set by an input gain control, operated in conjunction with a classic, illuminated Ashdown VU meter. Precision tone shaping comes courtesy of a 12-band graphic equalizer, which can be switched in and out from the front panel. Unique to Ashdown Labs is a revolutionary Harmonic Emphasis circuit that actually synthesizes new harmonics which combine with the originals under variable level control to create a stunning extra top-end ‘zing’ – like permanently playing with new strings. The balanced DI output on the front panel can be switched pre and post EQ, and a tuner output with mute switch is provided for silent tuning.
The massive, shielded toroidal transformer is custom designed for the Ashdown JJ-500 and ensures a continuous, regulated supply to power huge transients across a wide frequency response.
Preamplifier features include low impedance and conventional instrument inputs, illuminated VU meter, Harmonic Emphasis, 12-band graphic EQ, switchable pre and post EQ balanced DI output, tuner output with mute switch, line output, effects loop and speaker outputs on jack and Speakon connectors.

This is heavy around 12 kg i think, prefer someone to try and collect, or i can deliver within 30 miles of Durham, will post [attachment=186021:_SAM0167.jpg][attachment=186022:_SAM0174.jpg][attachment=186023:_SAM0170.jpg]

Edited by bonnp

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Conan,the preamp on the [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]J[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]J-500 is voiced to [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]J[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]J[/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Burnel[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]'s preference, its a very clean sound. there is a review on the forum of someone who uses this as well which is far better than what i can say. . JJ uses them.i think its probably pretty similar but i am no expert, i see people have used them for lots of genres, [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]welcome to try it out if u were interested, [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]its certainly not a "budget" version of the MK , [/font][/color]

Edited by bonnp