Why become a member? ×

Check this female bassist out.

bubinga5

[quote name='ianrendall' timestamp='1426000378' post='2713261']

Well be careful, or you'll end up with the dreaded rack ears syndrome.
[/quote]

Well, definitely could be worse things to get ;)

[quote name='Jenny_Innie' timestamp='1425819557' post='2711001']
Girl power ..... but ..... I'm not a big fan of this playing along to songs on Youtube thang. Would be better if she had recorded her own backing track played as part of that. She can play but, hey.
[/quote]

She's smoking, no doubt and I too see this sort of thing all the time on YouTube.

Let me make this very clear, this young lady would smoke my rear end on skill and ability, however she is playing under ideal circumstances and she's being guided and lead on, playing along with world class studio session players.

Impress me, post a clip playing live in a club with your circle of musicians and playing *standing up.

Blue

* Can we all agree, we all play better from the sitting position? I do

Edited by blue

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1425917520' post='2712176']
Well said mate. Half the people on this forum who chat crap about stuff like this are bedroom bubinga botherers and have never played live and can't understand why people want to.
[/quote]

OMG, hilarious!

I have to agree as most ( not all) of these forums have a large participation from the world wide Bubinga Brothers Association. :D

Blue

[quote name='miles'tone' timestamp='1425921206' post='2712265']
Talented, youthful and good looking.[/quote]

Dead on point, it's what it's all about and if I had to prioritize those attributes;
[list=1]
[*]Good Looking
[*]Young
[*]Talent
[/list]

Respect

Blue

[quote name='jonnythenotes' timestamp='1425913545' post='2712116']
So what's the diffence between someone performing or playing a song on you tube, and playing the same song at a gig..... viewers or an audience...its the same thing. [/quote]

There's a huge difference between sitting and playing along to a recording with head phones on.

She can play her butt off, however she is playing with world class musicians and there's a click as well.

She's light years a head of me, however I doubt she would sound the same live, standing up and without the world class backing track.

Respect

Blue

Again, she's a great player in my book. what I'm really trying to say to all us average players is;

[i]"Be careful when your playing to pre-recorded hits through head phones from a sitting position. It's very easy to fool yourself playing in that ideal environment and above all overestimate your abilities."[/i]

Blue

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1425933946' post='2712541']
What are you doing on here posting all your thoughts on a subject then? Or is it a matter of degree for you?

The woman in the OP is a professional bassist. I am sure she posts and interacts on FB, YT, fora, face to face, on a stage, etc etc, just like most of us.
[/quote]

Well, that's a slightly valid point, but at at the same time we are discussing things and interacting, which is not quite the same as a 'one way' posting of a video of yourself performing something (which p[size=4]uts me in mind of the old Bonzo Dog line "Look at me, I'm wonderful. I'm not a bit like you, or you, or you").[/size]

[size=4]Having said that I am trying very hard to wean myself off BassChat for that very reason (and failing dismally, as you will have noticed)[/size]

Well, I found her playing great, I loved her tone and thought she was pretty hot. Happy if she wants to contact me and say my playing is gash, I have the tone of a deaf man and as ugly as sin. I won't take it personally so point beating around the bush, best to be honest.

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1426028222' post='2713696']
Well, that's a slightly valid point, but at at the same time we are discussing things and interacting, which is not quite the same as a 'one way' posting of a video of yourself performing something (which puts me in mind of the old Bonzo Dog line "Look at me, I'm wonderful. I'm not a bit like you, or you, or you").

Having said that I am trying very hard to wean myself off BassChat for that very reason (and failing dismally, as you will have noticed)
[/quote]

The video can lead to all sorts of interaction.

Do you watch tv and films? Look at paintings? Listen to music? Listen to the Bonzo Dog Doodah Band?

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1426021866' post='2713604']
She's smoking, no doubt and I too see this sort of thing all the time on YouTube.

Let me make this very clear, this young lady would smoke my rear end on skill and ability, however she is playing under ideal circumstances and she's being guided and lead on, playing along with world class studio session players.

Impress me, post a clip playing live in a club with your circle of musicians and playing *standing up.

Blue

* Can we all agree, we all play better from the sitting position? I do
[/quote]

I can't find any live clips but if you check out her FB page it's obvious she's getting good gigs, and playing them, standing up

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1426068876' post='2713918']
Am I the only one who finds it easier to play standing up?
[/quote]

No. I find it easier to do standing up with a strap-on.
OK, while I'm here... fingering A minor, G-string, bottom, bass players go deeper, slapping, both hands, wood, etc. etc.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1426069773' post='2713931']
No. I find it easier to do standing up with a strap-on.
OK, while I'm here... fingering A minor, G-string, bottom, bass players go deeper, slapping, both hands, wood, etc. etc.
[/quote]

Is that a pick-up line?

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1426070195' post='2713938']
Is that a pick-up line?
[/quote]

No, my pick up line is, 'HELLO, I'M ON THE SEX-OFFENDERS' REGISTER!!' - shouted loudly while gurning insanely and making the 'boob-honking' gesture. For some reason I've not had much success with it of late - must be getting old, I suppose. :(

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1426070371' post='2713941']
No, my pick up line is, 'HELLO, I'M ON THE SEX-OFFENDERS' REGISTER!!' - shouted loudly while gurning insanely and making the 'boob-honking' gesture. For some reason I've not had much success with it of late - must be getting old, I suppose. :(
[/quote]

Try it with one hand stuck down your trousers.