Why become a member? ×

Check this female bassist out.

bubinga5

[quote name='jonnythenotes' timestamp='1425820973' post='2711022']
good god why is it when you post a woman playing bass there must an agenda behind it. i posted it purely on her playing. I'm sure there are many better bassists out there.. i just happen to like her playing.
[/quote]

Why bother posting a vid of 'anyone' playing along note for note with a backing track? :huh:

My point was that there are thousands (and thousands) of bassists on youtube who are as good/better and the forum would be clogged if we posted vids of all of them; if it was something different/unusual/perfectly executed/inspiring... then I could understand but aside from the fact that she is a very rehearsed and accomplished player she is no better than others.

I initially queried as to why pick that particular bassist?

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1425826833' post='2711104']
mate, my intentions are honest. i posted a girl who plays bass and does it very well.… that is bottom line, if you want read into it thats your bag, not mine.. this thread has got longer bud because of sexism.
[/quote]

Hey I'm not questioning your intentions. Just offered a suggestion which could have stopped this thread getting derailed.

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1425826364' post='2711097']
Because you said you posted based on playing ability with no agenda behind it, therefore gender is irrelevant.

If you had this thread would be a lot shorter ;)
[/quote]

In fairness, the thread is this long due to people's silly reaction to the OP happening to put the word "girl" in the thread title. ;)

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1425827093' post='2711109']
Why bother posting a vid of 'anyone' playing along note for note with a backing track? :huh:

My point was that there are thousands (and thousands) of bassists on youtube who are as good/better and the forum would be clogged if we posted vids of all of them; if it was something different/unusual/perfectly executed/inspiring... then I could understand but aside from the fact that she is a very rehearsed and accomplished player she is no better than others.

I initially queried as to why pick that particular bassist?
[/quote]i give up.. if you don't think her playing is great I'm at a loss.??? i would love to see what your interpretation of great playing is. why on earth would she want to rehearse those fills. she's playing those off the cuff..

[quote name='Coilte' timestamp='1425827708' post='2711118'] In fairness, the thread is this long due to people's silly reaction to the OP happening to put the word "girl" in the thread title. ;) [/quote]
We're in agreement then :)[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='Coilte' timestamp='1425827708' post='2711118']
In fairness, the thread is this long due to people's silly reaction to the OP happening to put the word "girl" in the thread title. ;)
[/quote]
True dat. That's click bait for many people, including me but from a political pov. She's a damn good player. Her gender is irrelevant. If she was sh*t then that might generate a different level of questioning of motives.

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1425827155' post='2711110']
Hey I'm not questioning your intentions. Just offered a suggestion which could have stopped this thread getting derailed.
[/quote]

Maybe , but if saying "girl" when referring to a girl (equally someone could post Huw, and say check this "guy" out) is going to cause a stir, then there are people on here that are so high maintenance that the OP had no chance anyway, which I suspect is the case.

Ah, yes. This is the BassChat I know and hate.

Where people rag on someone for a perceived offence then 'challenge' them to justify themselves then 'challenge' their justifications ad inf. Bogus social 'concern' mostly designed to make the poster feel better about themselves at someone else's expense.

It's a thing that weak, defeated people do from their keyboards because they're so insignificant no one notices them in real life. There's more of it on BC than there used to be, but that's just a measure of the declining quality of membership and an associated rise in self-interested cause-ist vigilantism.

I think the OP's been more than restrained in his responses. All credit to him.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1425830282' post='2711171']

Where people rag on someone for a perceived offence then 'challenge' them to justify themselves then 'challenge' their justifications ad inf. Bogus social 'concern' mostly designed to make the poster feel better about themselves at someone else's expense.

It's a thing that weak, defeated people do from their keyboards because they're so insignificant no one notices them in real life. There's more of it on BC than there used to be, but that's just a measure of the declining quality of membership and an associated rise in self-interested cause-ist vigilantism.

[/quote]

I thought your post was spot on until your last word "him", man thats sexist.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1425830282' post='2711171']

[/quote]

Did you forget to add a smilie or is this deliberately provocative??

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1425830968' post='2711182']
Did you forget to add a smilie or is this deliberately provocative??
[/quote]

I don't do 'deliberately provocative'. That's Bilbo's gig.

No, just observing the growing tendency here to seize on the minutest possible infraction and turn it into an international cause celebre. The fact is, the OP is at liberty to title his thread any which way he chooses without having to justify it to anyone, least of all those who may be out looking for wrongs to right.

And I say that in the nicest way possible. :)

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1425832125' post='2711210']
What about this bloke?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZK4gb-H_wY#t=31"]http://www.youtube.c...ZK4gb-H_wY#t=31[/url]
[/quote]

:)

Check out this white chick ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eynnYLXW3Fo

I'm with you Bubinga.... I'm surprised we have not had any cries of 'burn the witch.' All I am looking at onnthat clip is a bass player doing a very good job covering a very tricky song. I was going to put a clip of me doing a bit, but the thought of dozens of female bass players joining the thread with sexist comments, and stating things like "he is not a he, he is a bassist," could prove to much for me..

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1425823318' post='2711056']
good god why is it when you post a woman playing bass there must an agenda behind it. i posted it purely on her playing. I'm sure there are many better bassists out there.. i just happen to like her playing.
[/quote]
[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1425823470' post='2711059']
bang on.. why do i get the feeling there is a bit of underlying sexism on this forum.
[/quote]

But the whole thing gets flipped back at us, I dont think she is anything special regardless of her breastages, it is always the same when anyone wants to disagree when there is a female player. I hope most of you have known my posting style long enough to know that I do not blow my own trumpet (go on Discreet have fun with that ;) ) but honestly I would hope to nail that tune to the same standard before it went in our set list, I am not jealous of her ability at all.

That is not to say no one is allowed to enjoy it, but can I be allowed to not really rate it overly great without being taken to task over her gender? If it was an audio only clip my reaction would still be, Meh.

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1425832626' post='2711221']
:)

Check out this white chick ....

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eynnYLXW3Fo"]https://www.youtube....h?v=eynnYLXW3Fo[/url]
[/quote]

With tone and technique like that he'll never amount to anything...

I have just watched the clip with better audio and she can play no doubt, it would take me a while in the practice room to nail it as good, fair play.

I also have the goods to match ;)

[URL=http://s997.photobucket.com/user/stingraypete/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/20150308_172126_zps4dsyt64s.jpg.html][IMG]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af100/stingraypete/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/20150308_172126_zps4dsyt64s.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

:D

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1425837074' post='2711286']
I enjoyed it. Nice groove. It's just as well that music is not a competition. She has a nice voice on the instrument.
[/quote]

I enjoyed it to be honest, I could watch her play in a covers band all night and I bet she would do a great job but all I am hearing is a copy of Nate's line in a copycat fashion, which in itself is not easy I grant you.