Why become a member? ×

-

Jus Lukin

Guest FretNoMore

There's a product called LightDims, glorified semi-transparent stickers really, looks a bit better than sticky tape. They work OK provided the LEDs aren't sticking up too much from the surface.

Nail varnish works, put a dollop in the center of the LED to tame the laser beam.

Edited by FretNoMore

Increase the value of the resistor on the LED supply. A resistor in series (which this will be) is used to limit the current, so a bigger value of resistor will dim the offending article.

Or you could add another resistor, so that the two add up to a larger impedance.

actually, if you were going to get inside it to mess about with the components then the most sensible suggestion would be to rip the 'Flash Burn' LED out and replace it with a sensible one...

Edited by paul_5

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1425414549' post='2707143']

actually, if you were going to get inside it to mess about with the components then the most sensible suggestion would be to rip the 'Flash Burn' LED out and replace it with a sensible one...
[/quote]

That has worked well for me. I found some really nice low intensity diffused lens blue LEDs on eBay -- took a while to find them, but they do exist. I then run them well under the max current spec, and at that point they're no longer obnoxious at all, at least by my standards.