Why become a member? ×

Ashdown cabs

ashevans09

Right, not quite an exact comparison but I used a Trace 1153 compact cab for years and when I moved to the full size ABM115 I noticed that there was a hell of a lot more bass coming from it. The bigger cab is able to produce more low end that the smaller one which was more mid-range.

the big Ashdown cab is not much heavier than my old trace cab but I noticed a considerable difference in frequency response.

I have been solely using 15"s for the last 11 years with no horns or anything else.

I think Delberthot's post pretty well sums it up.

Both those cabs have the same drive units. The only difference is the size of the box and also that the compact is rear ported (if I remember correctly) and the ABM115-500 front ported. The Compact has a very tight clean sound and I found that it worked very well in conjuction with the ABM210. The big ABM sounds bigger and with much more low end extension.

You don't say what you're gonna be using them for but both are good cabs, if somewhat basic, and are being heavily discounted these days so are good value for money