Why become a member? ×

Hondo 2 professional bass project. needs work £60
£60

tommorichards

So i bought this bass expecting more than what i got. Basically its a solid bass with sweet pickups but has 3 issues that i cant get past and dont have the time to fix:

1 - The bridge is buggered. Bent to hell. New ones from ebay cost about £15 and will work with it.
2 - Needs a refret. This is probably the biggest issue. The frets are flat, and have been for a while as there are some grooves in the neck wood. It would be an ideal bass for someone wanting to try a refret out themselves. If not, theyve got a solid body and dimarzio pickups for a project bass.
3 - there are some holes in the back of the neck which are pretty much superficial, but have some broken screws sticking out of it which need to be removed in order to not hurt yourself while playing haha.

Heres a pic of the bass in question:

More detailed ones here: http://trichards.co.uk/gallery.php?load=images/gallery/Hondo%202%20bass/

Located in new brighton, wallasey. Come for a tryout. Preferably collected. Also interested in trades for other basses/guitars/effects etc....

Nice, that, and very well-priced, even considering the issues.

This is one of the few Hondos which is confirmed MIJ, and a is Matsumoku build. Speaking of which, the bendy 3-point bridge is pretty common on Mat basses of this generation - ask anyone with a Westbury!

I do have to wonder - why did someone cut the corners off the headstock? Weird...

Not for me at the moment I'm afraid, too many basses & too little room - but GLWTS!

Jon.

I've got a black one of these without Hondo II on the headstock just the logo, in fact I had it for 2 years before I found out it was a Hondo, nice bass but I too had trouble with the bridge, the only way I could lower the action was to file out the saddles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know you've said the bridge is knackered but are the bridge saddles still operable matey?

I've a hondo with what looks like this exact bridge but with a missing saddle that's the only thing needed to get it back up n running if you'd be willing to part with the saddle/screw/etc?

[quote name='tommorichards' timestamp='1428437704' post='2741317']
haha. If only youd contacted me earlier. I threw it away and didnt even think about keeping the saddles
[/quote]

aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh :huh:

oh well, never mind :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1429506134' post='2751970']
I have a mint one of these and can confirm that they are excellent, even got the hardcase.

Bargain for someone
[/quote]

Did you manage to get a chrome bridge to replace the black epi thunderbird one I had put on there? :lol:

They are awesome basses, especially for this money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...