Why become a member? ×

Charlie Barnes - my band is signed...

happynoj

My old band has been signed and the album we recorded together is being released later this year. We wrote and recorded the album, but I left the band for personal reasons after the recording. We are still on good terms and they have found someone to fill my (slightly sweaty) size tens, and are forging ahead with the record deal. Please have a listen to the first single, and follow Charlie on Facebook etc if you like it.

For fans of Oceansize, Jeff Buckley, post-rock, etc

[url="http://www.superballmusic.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=15598&IdCompany=4"]http://www.superball...598&IdCompany=4[/url]

Edited by happynoj

Charlie Barnes has been on my radar a while, but have never really given him a go. I saw him join Amplifier as a guest musician at ArcTanGent festival... I really don't like Amplifier at all so I think I just tarred him with the same brush.

Listening to the single now, I kind of wish I'd watched his set (though he probably clashed with someone else amazing, as is often the case at ArcTanGent!).
The track sounds a little more "anthem-y" than "post-rock" at the end for me, but overall he (and the band) explore a lot of ideas and package it in a very neatly constructed song. Excellent work man.

Are you doing anything with any other projects in Leeds? I'll be up that way with my band Waking Aida for StrangeForms Festival 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='PianoFights' timestamp='1424956081' post='2702280']The track sounds a little more "anthem-y" than "post-rock" at the end for me, but overall he (and the band) explore a lot of ideas and package it in a very neatly constructed song.[/quote]

It's the first single, and hence probably the most radio-friendly track on the album. There's some more progressive stuff in store!

[quote name='PianoFights' timestamp='1424956081' post='2702280']Are you doing anything with any other projects in Leeds? I'll be up that way with my band Waking Aida for StrangeForms Festival 2015.
[/quote]

Currently bandless. I've had too much going on in real life to commit myself to anything else recently. I am planning on moving out of Leeds relatively soon as well, so don't really want to be getting into something that I won't be able to carry on with.