Why become a member? ×

Great Bass Player Photos

bassbloke

Not that I want to cause offence, or cast uneccessary aspersions on this photo, but it does look a little 'doctored' to me.
Everything's blurred except the bass and it's strings.

Maybe that's just how the photo panned out, and I'm no expert. Am I the only one who thinks this way?

[quote name='Hit&Run' post='262614' date='Aug 14 2008, 06:25 PM']Not that I want to cause offence, or cast uneccessary aspersions on this photo, but it does look a little 'doctored' to me.
Everything's blurred except the bass and it's strings.

Maybe that's just how the photo panned out, and I'm no expert. Am I the only one who thinks this way?[/quote]

I'd tend to agree...certainly looks like there has been some use of the blur tool...i'm no expert either but i am a very good photographer :)

[quote name='thebeat' post='262648' date='Aug 14 2008, 07:28 PM']I think that this shot beats even Penny Smiths shot of Paul Simonon. ladies and gentlemen, i give you that fine purveyor of the precision bass: DEE DEE RAMONE!!!

[/quote]That is such a beautiful photograph and Dee Dee looks totally visceral.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='262734' date='Aug 14 2008, 09:31 PM']some of my favorite[/quote]I like the first one of M and the Marcus is kind of Art Gallery but the blue paint Michelle looks, well, nothing to do with bass and Vic looks like he's advertising Gap clothes.

Edited by steve-soar

[quote name='steve-soar' post='262747' date='Aug 14 2008, 09:48 PM']I like the first one of M and the Marcus is kind of Art Gallery but the blue paint Michelle looks, well, nothing to do with bass and Vic looks like he's advertising Gap clothes.[/quote]
He he...well she is a bass player and the thread is erm...great bass player photos.. :)

[quote name='bubinga5' post='262757' date='Aug 14 2008, 09:57 PM']He he...well she is a bass player and the thread is erm...great bass player photos.. :huh:[/quote]And she is a brilliant bass player. She has so much feel and understanding but the big, loud boys, who came into the playground, got the teachers attention. :)

There was a really great one I remember of Jason Newstead flinging his head back with all his hair streaming in front of him which was brilliant, oh yeah and another of him with a look on his face that quite frankly can only be described as murderous. Looked brilliant.
Unfortunately I'm blocked at work from posting photos, so you'll just have imagine it from my descriptions!

[quote name='bubinga5' post='262757' date='Aug 14 2008, 09:57 PM']He he...well she is a bass player and the thread is erm...great bass player photos.. :)[/quote]
She appears not to be plugged in though, and I dont think wireless was invented back then?