Why become a member? ×

bluesfest

andytoad

anyone off to see tedeschi trucks band in november? saw them last year at the royal arbert hall, they were awsome, well polished. sounded great even considering the rah acoustics.

i think they are well worth a see....

Edited by andytoad

IndigO2 is not bad. I saw Shalamar there a few weeks back, front row of the balcony (Jeffrey Daniel has still got it - never seen a human being move so effortlessly). Sound was pretty good. For that gig at least downstairs was standing and a free-for-all after queueing to get in. Seated ticket holders go in through a different door, up a lift, have a VIP lounge with bar etc. All very posh. Although it was possible to do a hand puppet show when the spotlight moved across where we were sitting (Mrs S put me in a handlock to prevent it after the first time) (What a rebel, eh?) Surprisingly intimate, maybe. Having said that I prefer the main O2 Arena and Brooklyn Bowl, though.

I wonder how the Bluesfest thing will move to the O2, though? I had a stroller ticket for last year at RAH and wandered about ad lib to see smaller bands (I say smaller - Matt Schofield was one). Not sure if this is going to happen or if it is just a few bands on the main stages?

IndigO2 is a pretty good venue. Not huge. standing area downstairs, sitting upstairs Good sound system.

I'll be at the O2 the same night for DMB in the main arena. Does my ticket get me into TTB as well? I've read elsewhere that the bands overlap so you can see some of everyone.

• 8 months later...

So.... to quote the OP, [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]anyone off to see [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]tedeschi[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] trucks band in november? More specifically, tomorrow?[/font][/color]

Damn they were good, not a weak link amongst them. Well thought out gig, tight as the tightest thingy you could imagine!

As for bass, sat in the mix beautifully, tasteful licks and nailed a great sound out of a series of p basses. Only one without a solo spot mind.

Any others there? thoughts?

No bass solo.... So happily, the drums didn't stop.....

(This post brought to you by musicians against dumb solos on bass instruments, or MADSOBI)

P.S. Yes a truly excellent band! Saw them live in the US a while ago and they were stunning.

Edited by ivansc

[quote name='andytoad' timestamp='1446982115' post='2903862']
Damn they were good, not a weak link amongst them. Well thought out gig, tight as the tightest thingy you could imagine!

As for bass, sat in the mix beautifully, tasteful licks and nailed a great sound out of a series of p basses. Only one without a solo spot mind.

Any others there? thoughts?
[/quote]

I wasn't there, though did consider it. 800 mile round trip was the main obstacle! I wish they'd play in Glasgow - really one of my favourite bands at the moment.
I take it Tim Lefebrve was on bass for them? He's a really great bassist, as was their last bassist, Otiel Burbridge. Not sure who I prefer, though Otiel did get the odd solo which he'd scat-sing along with.