Why become a member? ×

Kanye West

UglyDog

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1423573491' post='2686451']
Kanye West is quite high up on my list of people that i would like to punch... not quite as high as bono... but getting there
[/quote]I think he has surpassed Bono.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2431955/Kanye-West-Best-liners-BBC-interview-says-really-god.html

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1423529572' post='2686093']
Weren't the Kardashians the nasty aliens in Star trek next generation ?

Particularly ugly devils they were too.
[/quote]

I have trouble getting past this every time I hear that name!

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1423572871' post='2686435']

I think she's a little thin and nasal.
[/quote]

Have to agree. A reasonable karaoke singer who happens to be quite fit. She's actually level with Mick Hucknall on my "please turn them off" list. IMO she's made 3 decent records; Work It Out, Crazy In Love and Bootylicious. Other than that, rubbish records sold off the back of questionable lingerie-laced videos. Don't get me started on Kanye. Uniquely talented legend or talentless twat? You decide. ;-)

I've never been able to reach a conclusion as to the merits or otherwise of Bouncy Knowles's singing capability. Studio recordings - well, lets be honest, totally unreliable. As for the live performances on the telly box she's always sounded as if she's exhausted and probably just run a marathon.

I do sometimes think that if perhaps she was a bit rounder, maybe like a couple of stone on the heavier side then no one would give her the time of day :/

[quote name='Jack Cahalane' timestamp='1423594434' post='2686846']
This is clearly not live, and I don't know if it's been messed about with after recording either but I think she's got a hell of a voice.
The last minute and a half of this song especially: [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=jU9xIDVHpUw"]https://www.youtube....1&v=jU9xIDVHpUw[/url]
[/quote]

What ?

You seriously think that's good ?

Edit cos I had another listen, and wish I hadn't. When she goes high, it's very, very brief and clipped.

Frankly she's awful.

Edited by ambient

Kanye has very clearly let it all go to his head and there's a long list of millionaire musicians who've suffered from the same delusions of grandeur.

He is but one more tool in the 'toolbox' ;)

And it's certainly not an affliction that's exclusive to rap music. It's just born out of having more money and fame than common sense can cope with.

I wonder if KK gives KW a hard time when they get home over his white-knighting of BK..

In my head it works better if they're all broad Geordie..

'Hoo, Kanyey! D'yu ye fancee that Beeyonsay or wot like? Ar yu' tryin' t' seeay hur awse iz fatta than myne, like!'

'Nah, Luv, yur awse iz ded fat like an evry thing. It'z proppa lush an big an fat like'

'Eeh, ya lyin' Bastad '

*KK then smashes a bottle of Lambrini in Kanye's face*

The End

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1423597995' post='2686914']
I wonder if KK gives KW a hard time when they get home over his white-knighting of BK..

'Hoo, Kanyey! D'yu ye fancee that Beeyonsay or wot like? Ar yu' tryin' t' seeay hur awse iz fatta than myne, like!'

'Nah, Luv, yur awse iz ded fat like an evry thing. It'z proppa lush an big an fat like'

'Eeh, ya lyin' Bastad '

The End
[/quote]

Quality.

i guess when you get famous you are susceptible to delusion. depending on your character. i don't think Beyonce is awful, by any stretch of the imagination though. she's no Anita Baker or various other soul singers. there's too much money involved that can ruin modern talent. imo.

ahhhh. thats better. she makes me think. Beyonce doesn't. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hVp47f5YZg

Edited by bubinga5

Shirley.Manson weighs in:

http://uproxx.com/music/2015/02/shirley-manson-kanye-west-grammys/

My take on it is this:

It's laughable. How DARE Kanye West insult Beck, who writes and performs his own music by talking about artists and creativity as if Beck was in fact Beyonce, singing songs written and produced by dozens of people who aren't Beyonce? Beck winning Best Album IS a victory for artists, it IS a victory for creativity. Kanye West made himself look even more foolish and delusional than ever with this latest outburst.

He hasn't done Beyonce any favours here, this is insulting to her as well as Beck. Where does this muppet get off, thinking he can decide who should and shouldn't win awards? Talk about cloud cuckoo land? Sheesh!

Kanye West: Kanye rap? Kanye hell!

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1423597995' post='2686914']

'Eeh, ya lyin' Bastad '

The End
[/quote]

I love it when you talk dirty.

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1423611324' post='2687149']
Kanye West Giving Up His AMA Award Back In 2008 To Lil Wayne Because He Didn't Feel He Deserved It

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhuE8gNcxGVhF9G5wF
[/quote]

That's fine and dandy, but he has no right to speak of other artists and say they do or don't "deserve" the award. His opinion is not the flippin' word of God, but he seems to think it is. I wonder if he even listened to the Beck album, and if so, how many listens did he give it?

[quote name='Funky Dunky' timestamp='1423611953' post='2687160']
That's fine and dandy, but he has no right to speak of other artists and say they do or don't "deserve" the award. His opinion is not the flippin' word of God, but he seems to think it is. I wonder if he even listened to the Beck album, and if so, how many listens did he give it?
[/quote]

:)

Seems ok to do on Basschat though.