Why become a member? ×

Do smaller cabinets really work as well as their large cousins?

BigAlonBass

I'll go against the consensus here if larger counterparts includes 810's as well as a 410+115 set up.
My ex pair of Berg AE112's although sublime cabinets didn't come close to my 810, my current HD210, AE210 set up gets closer when stacked vertically but if practicality and the "being arsed with it" wasn't the issue I know which cab would be coming to every gig....period.
B)

I used to be an SVT 8 10s guy.

At 62 years old, no way am I lugging a refrigerator to my gigs. Plus we play a lot of small bars, where would it fit? The SVT 8 10s are great cabs, still the industry standard but are they practical for those of us primarily playing small bars and clubs.

Pictured is some sort of Fender 8 10 backline cab supplied by Summerfest. It was not my cup of tea.

Blue

Edited by blue

I have a barefaced super 12 coupled with a Markbass 800w amp. Both light as anything and pack a punch!! For gigs I tend to DI into the PA anyway, however, when we had a PA issue and I couldn't DI (channel failure) and I needed to fill a 300 seater theatre, my kit did a job brilliantly and was not even at half potential volume!!!

Not cheap but worth it!