Why become a member? ×

Who Thought This Was a Good Idea?

waynepunkdude

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1423338561' post='2683743']
I'm late to the party on this but can someone tell me how the Hofner control panel was ever signed off on?
[/quote]

Hmm, that is a bit convoluted. I suspect the problem is that they didn't have people like you working at Hofner back in the 50s.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1423338561' post='2683743']
I'm late to the party on this but can someone tell me how the Hofner control panel was ever signed off on?
[/quote]

Designed by the same bloke who designed the BMW and Audi trafficator switches. :mellow:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1423354583' post='2683956']
Designed by the same bloke who designed the BMW and Audi trafficator switches. :mellow:
[/quote]

Douglas, are you suggesting that the average BMW or Audi driver is confused by the controls of their traffical indicators to a degree at which they just don't bother to use them?

Or are you suggesting that they drive along with their indicators off because off is on, and when they turn them on, to turn, they're actually off?

Either way - burn 'em!

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1423381626' post='2684039']
ThE "on is off" isn't totally daft is you think from the player's perspective you are pulling the switches towards you,which is what you do to switch things "on".
The pots being reversed I don't get at all.
[/quote]

I have a solution to it all!

Unscrew the plate, and flip it around, and screw it down again. Voila! The pots and the writing are the correct way around :D

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1423415023' post='2684516']
Do you think for the rhythm/solo bit all he was doing was playing it harder and softer while the switch does nowt?
[/quote]

Like when people demonstrate an S1 switch in a Fender Tele, but they have it switched to 1 coil, but they can assure you there's a difference in the tone!