Why become a member? ×

NBD Sterling SUB 4 **PICS ADDED**

tom1946

I'm just a hack and haven't been playing that long so I'm not good on things like cut and boost Colin so I'll try and explain how it feels better to me:

when I turn the bass knob now there is a much smoother transition to a deeper bass thump, (is that boost?) more progressive than the original pot. The treble control is the same, the volume before was nothing, nothing, 'bl**dy hell that's loud' and now it's a lot more gradual, like it should be.

I don't understand why sterling put stuff out like this? to me it's quite unplayable without a lot of fiddling about with amp settings.

hope that helps.

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1423722965' post='2688222']
I don't understand why sterling put stuff out like this? to me it's quite unplayable without a lot of fiddling about with amp settings.
[/quote]

V nice bass - you can't beat black and maple - Interesting mod, and I heard a great demo of the Aguillar EQ and pick up in a pre EB Ray.

You may find lowering the pick up helps. As you lowered the action when you got the bass it's possible the pole pieces were too close to the strings afterwards.

I find Stingray basses are at their best (for my style of playing) with the action slightly higher than very low - too low and I find that any slight digging in whilst playing results in notes sounding like they're being popped as opposed to simply plucked.

Edited by drTStingray