Why become a member? ×

Traded: Bacchus hand made 5 string Jazz

Doctor J

Since the last one was so much fun (and you don't get offered junk for good instruments here like a lot of other places :) ) I've decided to offer up another one of the clan, see if it takes anyone's fancy.

This is a hand made Japanese Bacchus Venus 5. It features a stunning bound slab ash body, 34" scale maple neck with a bound rosewood fretboard, no dots. I do believe it's nitro finished. Hardware is made by Gotoh and it's built like a tank. Bacchus pickups and pre, it's active, controls are vol-pan-treble-bass. It's got a modern jazz sound with a nice growl to it.

I bought this because I have a Bacchus Standard 5 and the idea was to defret it because I like the Standard so much. However, when it arrived I couldn't do it, to take a pliars to this would be a travesty. Much and all as I love this bass, I don't need two pretty identical 5 string Jazz, so I'm ready to move this one on.

Bacchus aren't really a secret anymore, these are the real deal top of the line basses. Their choice of wood is always spot on and everything has that touch of class about it. I'll put up more pics tomorrow. This bass comes with a Liteflight case.

I'll ship anywhere, I'm in Ireland, as is the bass. I'm looking to trade - a bass for a bass - rather than sell, ideally something different to a J bass, something along the lines of a 4 string Sterling would be of interest.

Any specific pics or information required, just let me know.

Cheers,
J

Edited by Doctor J

[quote name='JPJ' post='262333' date='Aug 14 2008, 12:21 PM']Beautiful bass, but please please please, get it away from that bloody radiator :huh:[/quote]
:huh: Yeah, not the brightest place to take a picture

Don't worry, the radiator hasn't been on for months, this is kept in a case when not being played, it's practically mint! :)

Edited by Doctor J