Why become a member? ×

As a German it is almost impossible to introduce yourself without making the "Don't mention the war" reference ...

phaty

... but I think that is a little too lame!

I don't like forums so much anymore but have to say basschat looked nice from the beginning so I decided to join in and hopefully becoming a part of it. I am way to old to say things like: "I am a bass beginner" but I am - took me 32 years to finally go for it. Bass guitars are the new Harleys!

Had my first lesson last weekend and loved every minute of it. I play a Fender Mark Hoppus - picked it because I liked the color - but it is very likely that I will have a few more basses here by the end of the year. Jens Ritter lives 60 miles down the road, hope to have one of those by the end of the decade. (yes I found the one in the sales section and I can't believe it is still there!)
As much as it is not cool to like Warwick when you come from Germany - I love them!
Sandberg, LeFay and Ritter are the other home brewed builders I admire.

Favorite music: Sting made me want to be a bass player - but I can't stand his stuff anymore - or maybe it is the yoga!?
Oasis, Blur, Kraftwerk, Seeed, Japandroids (no bass player!!!), LCD Sound System, Indochine Beatsteakes ...

Favorite Bass Players: John Entwistle, Mark Hoppus (for the jumps), Divinity Roxx, Sting, Adam Clayton and that guy from the Beatsteakes.

Greetings from the continent

phaty

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1422786560' post='2676659']
Hey phaty, welcome to Basschat!

Nobody will mention the w@r!
[/quote]

Unless it's with Eric Burdon - now there's a band that doesn't get enough attention around here!

Welcome to the forum phaty.

Wilkommen aus BassChat. Nothing wrong with supporting home grown manufacturers, Europe has some fantastic luthiers and need our support (with full disclosure in mind, none of my instruments or rig are EU made; bad Ezbass :( ).

Good afternoon, phaty (phaty..? Are you sure..? We [i]can [/i]change User names; just PM a Mod...), and ...

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167528]

Much reading to entertain, learn and share here. As mentioned above, there are more than a few Continentals here (I'm in France, for instance...), so you're far from alone.

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1422800550' post='2676857']
Welcome phaty, from another beginner who spent too many decades in the wilderness. I also cannot stand Sting! (and we never mention the war of 1815, although it brought 50 years of peace in Europe, it upsets the French). It's a great place to be here! I see the GAS has got you too.
[/quote]

Upsetting the French is always a good thing! (I am half French)
The GAS was always there (almost said: in me!)
If you ever entered Jens Ritters Workshop - you are doomed.

hi my name is phil, thanks for the ad,i am from st helens , merseyside, i gave up playing bass,guitar in the late seventies, a decided just before christmas to take up bass guitar again, looking forward to joining in the chat, and learning the present day jargon you guys use lol

[quote name='phil-m' timestamp='1422830632' post='2677399']
hi my name is phil, thanks for the ad,i am from st helens , merseyside, i gave up playing bass,guitar in the late seventies, a decided just before christmas to take up bass guitar again, looking forward to joining in the chat, and learning the present day jargon you guys use lol
[/quote]

Hi Phil, you could have had your own "Hello"-Thread - but I am totally cool sharing mine with you - just now people will think you are German ...