Why become a member? ×

Octave up and down pedals

Badass

Guy is there such a pedal that has switchable up and down octaves?

i.e. two foot switches to control whether I use the up octave or the down or combine them. So maybe three foot switches :unsure:

Looked at the POG but only one foot switch, on or off. It does what I want, but I'd need two of them.

Edited by Badass

Checkout the T1M modded POG, you can buy direct, with him adding the mod for you.
Gives you two presets, one per footswitch.
IMO, the POG is the best octave up out there, and the octave down is good, but not on par with the OC2, which is the only reason I don't have a T1M modded one.

http://this1smyne.com/shop/micropogpresetmod/

Si

[quote name='Tuco' timestamp='1422821777' post='2677213']
No diss to you Si but I found the POG to sound weedy and real artificial with a noticable latency...

Horses/courses.

Peace.
[/quote]

None taken :)
All octave ups sound artificial, but to my ears, the POG sounds the least of all of them (Whammy aside).
Weedy, hmmm, not sure about that, but then I don't think I'd want anything that overpowers the original signal?! Depends on the application I guess :). The low octave is definitely weedy compared to the OC2.

Boyo from Royal Blood gets a decent sound from them (albeit POG 2 rather than Micro POG).

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1422824721' post='2677282']
None taken :)
All octave ups sound artificial, but to my ears, the POG sounds the least of all of them (Whammy aside).
Weedy, hmmm, not sure about that, but then I don't think I'd want anything that overpowers the original signal?! Depends on the application I guess :). The low octave is definitely weedy compared to the OC2.

Boyo from Royal Blood gets a decent sound from them (albeit POG 2 rather than Micro POG).

Si
[/quote]
All fair comments Si

Just for the sake of clarity "weedy" was referring to the POG's octave up.

@ tonyxtiger ; I ALWAYS fancied an Octron/Octron 2!!!

The Octron 2 is brilliant. It's very different from the POG though as its all analogue. The octave down is full and thick and the tracking is great. As the octave up is analogue too there is an inherent distortion present. You can adjust the amount / tone with internal trimmers.
I'm a big fan of the POG also, but as its digital the octave down is much thinner sounding. The octave up however is clean as a whistle and almost totally glitch free.
Someone clever needs to build a unit with an oc-2 style analogue octave down, but with a POG type digital octave up. That would sell!

Edited by NoirBass

[quote name='Tuco' timestamp='1422828081' post='2677340']

Just for the sake of clarity "weedy" was referring to the POG's octave up.

[/quote]

Yup, no worries, understood :)

I'm not a fan of analogue octave ups, as mentioned, the inherent added distortion does nothing for me.

[quote] [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Someone clever needs to build a unit with an oc-2 style analogue octave down, but with a POG type digital octave up. That would sell! [/quote] [/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]This might break the internet if created! ;). I'd buy one in an instant. If someone had the inclination, rehousing an OC2 and a POG, with only the controls for the POGs up octave could be doable. Wouldn't be small though.[/color][/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Si[/color][/font]

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1422874681' post='2677692']
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]This might break the internet if created! ;). I'd buy one in an instant. If someone had the inclination, rehousing an OC2 and a POG, with only the controls for the POGs up octave could be doable. Wouldn't be small though.[/color][/font]
[/quote]

You've piqued my interest with this! I'm half daring myself to have a pop at some point, in either 1590C or 1590XX. I imagine the cost of the POG will be the main barrier to this being reasonably priced though...

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1422905923' post='2678228']
You've piqued my interest with this! I'm half daring myself to have a pop at some point, in either 1590C or 1590XX. I imagine the cost of the POG will be the main barrier to this being reasonably priced though...
[/quote]

Cool, might be worth waiting for this to keep the cost, price and size down:

http://www.talkbass.com/threads/new-pog-nano.1130297/

Edited by NoirBass

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1422908556' post='2678292']
Cool, might be worth waiting for this to keep the cost, price and size down:

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/threads/new-pog-nano.1130297/"]http://www.talkbass....g-nano.1130297/[/url]
[/quote]

Horrah.......now......how long do I have to wait for a 1590a version? :D

Si