Why become a member? ×

NBD Yamaha 'Taiwanasaurus'

theyellowcar

Denmark Street is dangerous.

I've been thinking about picking up a new bass for a little while, but couldn't decide what to go for - until I walked into Wunjo this afternoon.

I am now the owner of what the guys had christened the Taiwanasaurus, which turns out to be a Yamaha Attitude Plus, in Seafoam Green.

Great condition, lovely maple neck, slightly wooly sounding (easily fixed with some new strings) with a padded gig bag chucked in all for the princely sum of £115!

Pics will follow once I get it home! In the meantime if you know anything about these basses (as I mentioned, I've only just figured out what it is!) it would be great to hear!

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1422732818' post='2676305']
Looks nice :)
[/quote]

Thanks! Annoyingly the clover leaf on the D and G machine heads have started to rattle and come loose after a bit of playing. Think I might need to get a vice on them or something to squeeze the surround back into place. Currently have a pick wedged in to stop the movement.

Edited by theyellowcar

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1422734145' post='2676319']

Thanks! Annoyingly the clover leaf on the G and G machine heads have started to rattle and come loose after a bit of playing. Think I might need to get a vice on them or something to squeeze the surround back into place. Currently have a pick wedged in to stop the movement.
[/quote]

Are they adjustable? Most new Yamahas are, just tweak with an allen key

there was a model with PJ configuration earlier. Around the time theyellowcar's bass was in production, I stumbled upon one of those PJs second hand in my local store, it had already been discontinued for a few years then. It had a super comfy jazz neck with almost black rosewood board, schaller style open gear lightweight tuners and a pickup selector blade switch. Being in high school, I couldn't quite afford it at the moment, and few weeks later it was gone. I've never seen another since, although a couple of pics came up when I tried to google some time ago, not knowing the model name. Hardware, finish, playability etc all felt like a very high quality instrument.

edit: it was probably an Attitude Standard, and apparently there was a 5 string model too! I'm in trouble.

Edited by such

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1422801243' post='2676872']
Any mod plans? I'd bang a J bridge pickup in there if it was mine. Still a great score as it is though. Well played! :)

EDIT: if you felt adventurous, there's probably enough room there for a 'Ray pup...
[/quote]

Thanks! I'm loving it stock at the moment, but I might update the hardware with something a bit more substantial - maybe go all black. Other than that I think I'm going to keep it as is!

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1422734145' post='2676319']

Thanks! Annoyingly the clover leaf on the D and G machine heads have started to rattle and come loose after a bit of playing. Think I might need to get a vice on them or something to squeeze the surround back into place. Currently have a pick wedged in to stop the movement.
[/quote]

In the past I've fixed rattling clover leaves with a spot of superglue - might do the trick in this case. Lovely looking bass in any case - good score!

Edited by Panamonte

[quote name='Panamonte' timestamp='1422824986' post='2677286']

In the past I've fixed rattling clover leaves with a spot of superglue - might do the trick in this case. Lovely looking bass in any case - good score!
[/quote]

[quote name='such' timestamp='1422828839' post='2677361']
a bit of blu-tac worked on my BB415 ;)
[/quote]

Both more appealing options than new tuners or leaving a pick permanently wedged in!