Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

12 hours ago, evan47 said:

Actually, they didn't even bother to ask if I was the first owner or if it was under warranty.

They simply stated that they were too busy to do repairs but would fit a new neck.

It is surprising that a bolt on neck has to be individually fitted by them and is not interchangeable

Such a shame as it is a beautiful instrument.

10 hours ago, wateroftyne said:

FWIW this isn't a new policy from them. I enquired about buying a new neck for one of mine (for cosmetic reasons) and he wouldn't entertain the idea unless I sent the whole thing back to him.

as far as I understand to have a perfect fit you need the body at the factory. 

On 05/05/2022 at 18:49, gazzatriumph said:

Its probably cheaper to change it than to repair it.  How old is the bass, and as you are not the first owner im not suprised they will charge you.  I reckon the previous owner could have broke it and moved it on

I wouldn't know for sure , much simpler than a proper repair that's for sure. 

On 05/05/2022 at 16:43, evan47 said:

What bothers me most is the fact that Marusczyk won't repair it, they will only change the neck (at my cost)

I had the exact same issue and story... I had to buy a new neck. 

Edited by Chris85

On 06/05/2022 at 20:32, wateroftyne said:

FWIW this isn't a new policy from them. I enquired about buying a new neck for one of mine (for cosmetic reasons) and he wouldn't entertain the idea unless I sent the whole thing back to him.

I think it is probably because there isn't really a 'standard' as such so it is to check the fit.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

E011E178-23A3-4D4F-9359-8F445A229761.thumb.jpeg.8dbef9fde84f84aeb4ce1ab93607a657.jpeg

My new purchase, Jake 4P Custom “Jeff Ament” 😀

Superlight chambered mahogany body (3.27kg)

Custom matt orange finish

Reverse matching headstock

Hard rock maple neck with carbon reinforcing rods for supreme stability

Satin finished neck

42mm nut width

Haeussel Bassbar 'Thunderbird-style' pickups

Hipshot Ultralite machineheads

Passive electronics (volume, volume, tone)

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, danweb22 said:

E011E178-23A3-4D4F-9359-8F445A229761.thumb.jpeg.8dbef9fde84f84aeb4ce1ab93607a657.jpeg

My new purchase, Jake 4P Custom “Jeff Ament” 😀

Superlight chambered mahogany body (3.27kg)

Custom matt orange finish

Reverse matching headstock

Hard rock maple neck with carbon reinforcing rods for supreme stability

Satin finished neck

42mm nut width

Haeussel Bassbar 'Thunderbird-style' pickups

Hipshot Ultralite machineheads

Passive electronics (volume, volume, tone)

Delicious!

• 1 month later...

Maruszczyk neck screw size.
I've previously read complaints about Maruszczyk's soft screws and indeed when I bought a used Jake last year it came to me with at least one neck screw head stripped.  Anyway, I finally got around to replacing them this week.  Couldn't find the size on the internet anywhere, so if it helps anyone it's 4mm x 40mm.

2022-09-13-screw.thumb.png.3ada8e46ba51b3c599f1ee013f9d5334.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jrixn1 said:

Maruszczyk neck screw size.
I've previously read complaints about Maruszczyk's soft screws and indeed when I bought a used Jake last year it came to me with at least one neck screw head stripped.  Anyway, I finally got around to replacing them this week.  Couldn't find the size on the internet anywhere, so if it helps anyone it's 4mm x 40mm.

Handy to know, thanks. Are they the official ones sponsored by Wensleydale, or actual metal ones?

• Haha 2

I was looking at the custom build and it just said 34 . 
I’d love to see an Epi Pro short scale Tbird for under a thousand , but it ain’t about to happen. Gibson once did a small run of 30 in Tbirds and they sold fairly fast , but that was it.

24 minutes ago, msb said:

I was looking at the custom build and it just said 34 . 
I’d love to see an Epi Pro short scale Tbird for under a thousand , but it ain’t about to happen. Gibson once did a small run of 30 in Tbirds and they sold fairly fast , but that was it.

Contact them by email, not everything that is available as an option is on the website.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Haven't played my Elwood custom, other than for a quick noodle, for ages, having been 'Mr Short Scale' for the last 2 years. However, rather than use my Mustang for practising for an upcoming gig ('60s Mod type affair), I thought I'd use the Maruszczyk. Bloody hell! I'd forgotten what a totally awesome bass it is. Dialled just slightly towards the neck, it nails that P vibe, but with just a bit more clarity & smoothness than the Mustang provides. The Delano pickups were really growling nicely and it was effortless to play. Visually, it's not what this band requires (more’s the pity) but I'm definitely going to take it to next week's rehearsal just to see what the other guys say. Anyhoo, shameless picture posting time.

IMG_0511.jpeg

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 6

I never thought to post it here, but I bought a lovely light Maruszczyk 5 string PJ bass recently.

I've been using it a lot in my wedding band, strung with flats it sounds perfect for motown etc. 

I was considering a preamp for it, but actually it's perfect passive. There's a push/pull that puts the P and J pickups in series and it makes it aggressive enough for some rock and roll. 

20230224_171209.jpg

20230224_171221.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EmmettC said:

I never thought to post it here, but I bought a lovely light Maruszczyk 5 string PJ bass recently.

I've been using it a lot in my wedding band, strung with flats it sounds perfect for motown etc. 

I was considering a preamp for it, but actually it's perfect passive. There's a push/pull that puts the P and J pickups in series and it makes it aggressive enough for some rock and roll. 

20230224_171209.jpg

20230224_171221.jpg

I have 2 Elwoods, both passive and I can thoroughly recommend putting them through a Sadowsky preamp pedal (I have a SBP2) it really sprinkles a certain ’fairy dust’ over the tone that’s hard to describe, it’s just more.

• Like 1

Here's mine.

Elwood 5a

Got it as a PX when I sold my Elite Jazz 5

I know you've heard it all before but this really has turned out to be everything I've been searching for in a bass. A sort of mixture of all the good attributes of all the other basses I've had in the past.

IMG_20221012_222502.jpg

• Like 6