Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

1 hour ago, funkle said:

@pierregansemanis there a benefit to ordering through a dealer as opposed to ordering direct from Adrian? Price, etc?

depends how you see it I guess 

price wise : through me no , as I apply strictly his prices , how other dealers do I don't know , I personally disagree with dealers doing price wars (general statement, not speaking about public peace dealers) to get orders .... if every body applied list , life would be beautiful 

I've seen some ppl overpricing from direct price too , so all in all who knows and who's to say 

probably easier to have a fluent person in English , I guess that could be a benefit ? 

dunno 

• Like 2

Apologies if this has already been asked - skim read but couldn’t see an answer.

on the Public Peace shop the prices include 19% tax; therefore UK landed price will be remarkably similar I presume. What about customs duty etc - how much have people paid on top of that price since B-xit?

I haven’t read the whole of this thread, but had a quick look, and searched through Bass Direct’s stock and sold list. I didn’t come across a 30” or 32” 5 string, specifically a Jake or Elwood. 
Anyone experienced one?

Usual questions regarding a low b string etc

@whynot had a lefty 5er for sale a while back

On 29/11/2021 at 12:41, Dazed said:

I haven’t read the whole of this thread, but had a quick look, and searched through Bass Direct’s stock and sold list. I didn’t come across a 30” or 32” 5 string, specifically a Jake or Elwood. 
Anyone experienced one?

• Thanks 1

On 29/11/2021 at 08:24, Merton said:

Apologies if this has already been asked - skim read but couldn’t see an answer.

on the Public Peace shop the prices include 19% tax; therefore UK landed price will be remarkably similar I presume. What about customs duty etc - how much have people paid on top of that price since B-xit?

I shipped 3/4 times to UK since that , seems to be UK VAT + a sort of processing fee. 

If you want to deal direct with Adrian , you'll have to pay that 

if you want a UK dealer , they'll pay all import duties and retroactively charge it to you but at least you'll get a price "delivered to your door" 

same stuff overall generally speaking , doesn't change much 

• Like 1

On 29/11/2021 at 13:41, Dazed said:

Anyone experienced one?

hey , B on a 32 actually works fine to me , should you hope to play metal music and down tune it , answer is probably not 

but standard tuning ... I dare anybody listening to your or your band to be able to say it's a 32 inch bass , it's fine.... 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pierreganseman said:

hey , B on a 32 actually works fine to me , should you hope to play metal music and down tune it , answer is probably not 

but standard tuning ... I dare anybody listening to your or your band to be able to say it's a 32 inch bass , it's fine.... 

+1,000,000 here.

I play 31.5" basses and the low B works just fine! A well designed, well made bass will always surpass limited expectations set by instruments built on a factory line.

Cheers,

Eude

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ezbass said:

Those of us quoting our old build times (mine were 10 & 12 weeks I think) are pre the B word, Suez and Covid. Sadly, it’s a different world now.

On the one hand: Yeah, of course. Everyone else in this thread ordered their Frogs and Elwoods from atop their radium-powered velocipedes while holding back Wat Tyler and his pangolins. I get it.

On the other hand: TK in Vegas' Jake - as seen on this very page! - was ordered in September, and he's currently spanking the derrière off it[*] as we speak.

Frankly, I'd quite like my sofa shot just to stop daydreaming about the bloody thing 😛

EDIT: Anyway, point is... Like Pierre says, assume 20 weeks. That way, you'll be delighted if/when it probably turns up earlier :)

[*] I imagine. It's hard to tell, given Vegas' famously tight reins on local happenstance.

Edited by simisker
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, simisker said:

On the one hand: Yeah, of course. Everyone else in this thread ordered their Frogs and Elwoods from atop their radium-powered velocipedes while holding back Wat Tyler and his pangolins. I get it.

On the other hand: TK in Vegas' Jake - as seen on this very page! - was ordered in September, and he's currently spanking the derrière off it[*] as we speak.

Frankly, I'd quite like my sofa shot just to stop daydreaming about the bloody thing 😛

EDIT: Anyway, point is... Like Pierre says, assume 20 weeks. That way, you'll be delighted if/when it probably turns up earlier :)

[*] I imagine. It's hard to tell, given Vegas' famously tight reins on local happenstance.

dunno , generally I'd advise to assume 3/5 month and hope for the best 

in case goal is not met , please be patient , I know that all supply chains have been savaged , sometimes badly (not speaking about Adrian , generally brands I work with) 

just remember that every body is doing their best 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pierreganseman said:

just remember that every body is doing their best 

Sorry - I didn't mean to imply that I'm blaming anyone, or getting poor service!

I've emailed Adrian twice asking for updates, and each time he's replied quickly and with explanation :)

Adrian made a Video of my Bass. I got the bass in feb 21, but the video came a week ago. The luminlays are green of course and not as mentioned blue. I've changed the Strings to Adrians Nickel Rounds, which i like much better on that bass.

Edited by AREA
  • Like 2