Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

10 hours ago, AREA said:

Anything else would have surprised me. You pay the british import sales tax, not the 19% german VAT. In this case, customs should not be charged additionally, or am i wrong?

by the Way...10 Weeks passed today..."Patience level: falling"

🙃

Yeah, by law you can't pay VAT twice so that's why he removes the German VAT, and you'd pay the British VAT + custom fees.

9 hours ago, ezbass said:

Why is shipping now extra? Additional paperwork?

No idea, didn't ask. It used to be free... Maybe he's got additional paperwork to do indeed and decided that any shipping outside EU would be charged.

12 hours ago, Ian McFly said:

Yeah, by law you can't pay VAT twice so that's why he removes the German VAT, and you'd pay the British VAT + custom fees.

No idea, didn't ask. It used to be free... Maybe he's got additional paperwork to do indeed and decided that any shipping outside EU would be charged.

shipping companies are charging extra for export out of EU 

obviously anything out of of Europe has no EU VAT 

I sent a Bass to UK customer  early January - UPS is currently having a backlog of around 3 weeks to process shipments entering UK. 

still not delivered 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NickD said:

Not an exact match, but speaking for a Jake 5 the body is a little thinner. It works well for me, sitting nicely and keeping the weight down a little.

Thanks! It seems there is not so much sculpting where your right arm goes, is that an issue? :)

It is well sculpted, it fits me like a glove. Maybe it doesn't look quite as extreme because the body is thinner, if that makes any sense? It's not at all slabby. The body is just about perfect IMO. The sculpted heel at the body/neck join works beautifully too, as I do get up the dusty end from time to time.

Again the caveat that mine is a fiver, but I assume it's the same for the 4. There's a few folks on here with them, so I guess that will be confirmed soon.

The forearm contour isn't quite as pronounced as a fender on mine, but it is plenty comfortable. 

Also, as mine is a medium scale, the body size is slightly scaled down which is perfect for me being a bit on the smaller side. The 30" are smaller still. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rasher80 said:

The forearm contour isn't quite as pronounced as a fender on mine, but it is plenty comfortable. 

Also, as mine is a medium scale, the body size is slightly scaled down which is perfect for me being a bit on the smaller side. The 30" are smaller still. 

Thanks! Do you reckon. a slightly scaled down body would work with the 34" I also don't like paddle oar bass bodies 😛

20 minutes ago, Ian McFly said:

I just asked Adrian if he can offer a satin finish on a metallic colored body (Inca Silver for example, which Fender, Sadowsky or Valenti have done). 

he replied “no, it makes no sense, sorry”

Ah. What?

Just yesterday I was transfixed by a photo I chanced upon of a G&L L-2000 in metallic ruby with a frost finish. Made a lot of sense to me!

I sent him photos, and he replied that “it’s possible to do but is this good? There’s no shine to them”. 

So he understood the question but doesn’t understand the appeal for a satin/matte finished metallic colour. Too bad, coz I do. 
Sadowsky did the Satin series a few years ago, and a whole lot was metallic finishes. Looked stunning. Much better than opaque finishes in satin/matte. 

Question is: does he have to like it or understand it to build it?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ian McFly said:

I sent him photos, and he replied that “it’s possible to do but is this good? There’s no shine to them”. 

So he understood the question but doesn’t understand the appeal for a satin/matte finished metallic colour. Too bad, coz I do. 
Sadowsky did the Satin series a few years ago, and a whole lot was metallic finishes. Looked stunning. Much better than opaque finishes in satin/matte. 

From my dealings with Adrian in the past, this is fairly typical.  He can be very, errr, pragmatic.  "It's customer service, but not as we know it Jim." 🙂

1 hour ago, Ian McFly said:

I think some of it gets lost in translation, Polish language tends to be a bit more direct without implying rudeness.

When I wanted a wider nut than his usual for one of my Jakes he also responded with something that at first came across as a bit impolite, saying no. But as we were discussing a couple other things, I added in my reply that I happened to really like it and want it a bit wider at 43mm (at the time I was enjoying the Fender Classic 50 Precision at 44.5mm). And that's just what I got. If that's what you want, insist.