Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

I always think of the configuration as a “rough guide” to help visualise what I’d want in a Maruszczyk bass. But if placing an order I’d always do it via email since, as @S.F.Sorrow has discovered, there are a few things which aren’t available in the configurator that they can actually do if asked.

I frequently see completed basses on their stock for sale pages with options that aren’t possible in the configurator.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drax said:

It's the configurator, doesn't allow it. Assumed was a bug but it's been like that for a while.. 

Ah, my basses were ordered before they had the configurator, so I supplied all details. It seems a bit of an oversight (mistake, probably) not to include opaque colours. I even had a little email conversation with Adrian about the exact shade of purple I wanted. 

Tip: keep communication simple and concise, Adrian doesn't indulge in long discussions but I found him very easy to deal with, and responsive, when I put my questions concisely. 

3 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

None of the configurators let you select an opaque finish if you select ash (unlike alder), and there are no listed instruments on their site with opaque coloured ash, so it seems a reasonable idea.

I am sure they can do it if you ask

Yeah, I get it now.

My experience was pre-configurator, and everything I asked for was met with a "yes, we can do that". I'd use the configurator as a guide for cosmetic purposes, but I'd make sure to ask for any specs that you can't get in the configurator. They seemed happy to do pretty much anything you asked for, whether it was choosing pickups at non-standard locations or unusual logos too. 

1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

I always think of the configuration as a “rough guide” to help visualise what I’d want in a Maruszczyk bass. But if placing an order I’d always do it via email since, as @S.F.Sorrow has discovered, there are a few things which aren’t available in the configurator that they can actually do if asked.

I frequently see completed basses on their stock for sale pages with options that aren’t possible in the configurator.

It's much like how Sandberg operates. When I ordered my VM4, I got as close as I could with their configurator, and then I specified the things I wanted different. I think the configurator just makes the bulk of the specs easy to describe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paul h said:

Couldn't be happier. 

IMG_5076.jpg

That is lovely looking and a subtle deviation from the norm. I also like your comment (isolated and now in bold) just to remind folks that these are great instruments and potential buyers should not to be completely swayed by the odd negative comment.

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 1

Jake 4p fiesta red

I’ve found this jake at a decent price. The bass is a classic p with no fancy woods or other special treatments.

I’m very tempted but i’d love to know from you a bunch of info.

Is the jake balance? Mine fender had too much neck dive for me, so I don’t want another bass like that. 
Also I’d like to know about the build quality, if it’s at least on pair with the Actual American fender.

thanks ☺️

12 minutes ago, Corto14 said:

Jake 4p fiesta red

I’ve found this jake at a decent price. The bass is a classic p with no fancy woods or other special treatments.

I’m very tempted but i’d love to know from you a bunch of info.

Is the jake balance? Mine fender had too much neck dive for me, so I don’t want another bass like that. 
Also I’d like to know about the build quality, if it’s at least on pair with the Actual American fender.

thanks ☺️

My Jake L has a little neck dive on the knee, but doesn’t move once it’s on a strap.

Time for some gratuitous self promotion 😉

1 hour ago, BassApprentice said:

Roasted maple always looks great. Currently looking at the new Sire passives with the roasted maple. Is the tone slightly softer and warmer than standard rock maple? But still more treble than rosewood. 

Opposite I think. Roasted = harder, so clearer / brighter than std maple. All only audible to dogs in laboratory conditions of course.. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ezbass said:

That is lovely looking and a subtle deviation from the norm. I also like your comment (isolated and now in bold) just to remind folks that these are great instruments and potential buyers should not to be completely swayed by the odd negative comment.

Agreed. Yes, there’s the odd issue (and not always the best resolution too) with Maruszczyk basses, but it’s the same with Fender, Gibson or any other builder. The fact that Maruszczyk makes custom builds makes it less “forgiving”, as QC issues shouldn’t go unnoticed. But overall, they make great instruments, and I personally couldn’t be happier with mine as it ticks all the boxes. I just hope it’ll withstand the test of time!

• Like 1

On 15/05/2020 at 16:49, ClassicVibes said:

Does anyone know the current lead time? 

Going on the configurator was a mistake... 

2074903021_ElwoodL(1).thumb.png.ba13d3c2d6b38b63027c6236c9fe55c7.png

I spoke to Adrian two Days ago and he told me from about 15 Weeks.

I am g.a.sed right now by something like this...

Joker B(3).png

Joker B(1).png

Edited by AREA
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...