Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you guys have the answer... basically Germany is reducing their VAT rates from 19% to 16% till the end of 2020. Maruszczyk has said on their website that they’ll reflect that by reducing their prices as well. 
Question: I ordered a bass with them in April, but I’ve only paid the initial deposit (50%). I assume that I won’t get a reduction on the other 50%, because I made the purchase before the change in VAT law? Not trying to sound like a cheapo... just wondering. 

Interesting question - will rest on what is deemed date of sale? Assuming this is when the product is finished - you’d benefit from the reduction with your second payment fractionally lower. Not a huge saving, £60 on £2K bass but better than nothing. 

13 hours ago, Ian McFly said:

Adrian usually is very quick to respond to emails. I emailed him on Tuesday and Thursday and haven’t heard back... I hope it’s not a « I’ve got your order so now I’m quiet » kind of policy!

I got that same feeling with my recent order. Sending him a few messages on Facebook got a quicker reply.

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

Then as I said, he needs someone to keep it sorted. If you are in business and you are too busy to reply to your customers, you need to find someone who isn't.

For the sake of delivering excellent customer service, I totally agree with this.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Fil1ip said:

How do they compare to a fender!

A bit tricky to answer. They could be exactly the same or completely different. If you want exactly the same, then it is probably better to get a fender. If you want something fender like but you have specific requirements, that is when they are useful. Mine is sort of Jazz shaped, but with 5 strings and a string spacing of 16.5mm. Fender don't do that, neither do they do the light weight, wood or finish options that mine has.

So yes, looks sort of fender like, not really like a fender.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Fil1ip said:

How do they compare to a Fender?

Should I take the plunge?

Off the shelf, the main difference between standard Elwoods (Jazz) and Jakes (Precision) and their Fender counterparts, would be nut width. Both come (normally) with 40mm widths - wider than a Jazz, narrower than a Precision. However, as @Woodinblack points out, most things are possible with a Maruszczyk, including neck profile. My Jake and 2 Elwood Ls are chambered, lightweight instruments. The Elwoods are 33” scale, have 41mm nut widths and Delano pickups. Not standard Fender features (for the record, I have owned numerous Fender Ps and Js in the past).

Should you take the plunge? It depends on your requirements, which might include resale value, where Fender will always be better bang for buck.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ezbass said:

Off the shelf, the main difference between standard Elwoods (Jazz) and Jakes (Precision) and their Fender counterparts, would be nut width. Both come (normally) with 40mm widths - wider than a Jazz, narrower than a Precision. However, as @Woodinblack points out, most things are possible with a Maruszczyk, including neck profile. My Jake and 2 Elwood Ls are chambered, lightweight instruments. The Elwoods are 33” scale, have 41mm nut widths and Delano pickups. Not standard Fender features (for the record, I have owned numerous Fender Ps and Js in the past).

Should you take the plunge? It depends on your requirements, which might include resale value, where Fender will always be better bang for buck.

What are resale like I assume £700-800 

51 minutes ago, Fil1ip said:

What are resale like I assume £700-800 

I’ve don’t really recall many prices, but that sounds about right. Have a search through the for sale section. Of course, we shouldn’t be buying with selling in mind, but this is Basschat 😂.

• Haha 1

On 14/01/2020 at 20:14, 6feet7 said:

Here's my two Jakes. A P/J V and a P/MM V. Both chambered and weighing in at around 7lbs each. The only fault I can find is that I'm not a massive fan of the look of the Delano pickups big poles on the red P/MM, but otherwise they are probably amongst the best basses (especially the sunburst one. That one just edges in front of the red one) that I have ever played (the light weight does help a lot too).

62B1D167-B1E9-48AE-8270-CCCFCA2FD2E9.jpeg

I had to buy the red one back. I stupidly part-exed it at the Gallery because I wasn't keen on the big poles on the Delano pickups and the Hipshop B style bridge (I prefer the A-style) but nothing I got since felt so comfortable. They all sounded great but these two basses feel like your comfy old slippers. The red one only weighs 3.29kg. The sunburst one 3.39kg. They are soooooo light in weight and, to me anyway, unlike the Precisions they are based on, just feel 'right'. Luckily it was still in the Gallery, so two basses plus a lot of money went back to them in exchange, but it's totally worth it.

Edited by 6feet7