Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

6 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

That teardrop-shaped s-p looks really classy!

Thanks, I guess it's kind of a cross between a 'Ray and and a Sterling p/g. It did take a lot of messing about with templates to get it right for the manufacturer and, even then, it still needed a bit of fettling. The tort celluloid, on the other hand, was a doddle as it's the kind of thing they stick on acoustic guitars and is really thin; you can cut it with a craft knife. 

Edited by ezbass

Anyone out there in the Maruszczyk community ordered / owned / seen one in Burgundy Mist?

Colour is on my shortlist but know it's open to interpretation, and the configurator isn't always the best measure (combined I guess with colour variances on our monitor screens..). 

Trawled their Facebook to no avail, and no pics in this thread. Would be great to see any real life examples if anyone has any pics? 

1 hour ago, Drax said:

Anyone out there in the Maruszczyk community ordered / owned / seen one in Burgundy Mist?

Colour is on my shortlist but know it's open to interpretation, and the configurator isn't always the best measure (combined I guess with colour variances on our monitor screens..). 

Trawled their Facebook to no avail, and no pics in this thread. Would be great to see any real life examples if anyone has any pics? 

I asked Adrian for a comparison of their surf v sea foam green as it looks the same on their configurator and he duly obliged with some photos. As it turned out I wasn't fond of either so went with the valley green instead.

Maybe an email is worth a punt?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rasher80 said:

I asked Adrian for a comparison of their surf v sea foam green as it looks the same on their configurator and he duly obliged with some photos. As it turned out I wasn't fond of either so went with the valley green instead.

Maybe an email is worth a punt?

Yeah absolutely, have done just that. 

• Like 1

On 01/04/2020 at 13:38, wateroftyne said:

That's exactly right. You can now press the buy button 🙂

I actually got rid of my red with tort pickguard Jake P/MM 5 because of those oval tuners (and the hipshot B bridge) I just couldn't get past them they were sooooo wrong. My Jake PJ 5 has a hipshot A bridge and standard vintage tuners and (IMO) looks perfect.

43 minutes ago, Drax said:

Yeah it's not quite working for me alas. 

I've noticed a fair few of the colours have a different take on them than the shades normally associated with Fender e.g. LPB, the greens etc etc. The surf green was really subdued when I expected it to be really bright 

Had a back and forth with Adrian on this - I'm assuming he won't object to me updating you here. 

He completely agrees there isn't much between their Shell Pink (left) and Burgundy Mist..

1739680652_Screenshot2020-05-25at20_35_45.thumb.png.194e80e9ab6e294c83b663edef0623ba.pngIMG_8919.thumb.jpg.11f31879944ff599b7eae6baa81a4a97.jpg

But can supply basses in this colour - Nissan ZEP Moco Rouge Metallic .. 

1253682073_NissanZEPMocoRougeMet.jpg.a094e04c574917a03a2f2d422efc64f3.jpg

It's a (Nissan) car paint, so there's some alignment with the Fender origins(!). If you search for real life examples it looks closer to the accepted Burg Mist than the thumbnail above does.. I like it. 

237580310_Screenshot2020-05-26at12_06_45.png.c5cff5c43a05a82f5dc5a8d81cfb0cd9.png

Edited by Drax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Drax said:

It's a (Nissan) car paint, so there's some alignment with the Fender origins(!). If you search for real life examples it looks closer to the accepted Burg Mist than the thumbnail above does.. I like it. 

237580310_Screenshot2020-05-26at12_06_45.png.c5cff5c43a05a82f5dc5a8d81cfb0cd9.png

I second that!

1 hour ago, wateroftyne said:

FWIW the Green Valley Metallic they used for my Jake (the first one in that colour, I believe) is a Fiat colour 😄

IMG_1064.jpg

The idea was to mimic the old tobacco-stained LPB. 

xprlov575lrfsh5qowef.jpg

I really like the valley green, although with hindsight I probably should have tried to ask Adrian if it could be a bit more green, like this

ishibashi-shops_11-321828400-6185.jpeg.jpg

Always felt the DuPont / Cadillac paint colours brought a certain romance to vintage Fenders.. the birth of rock n roll, endless summers and drive in movies.. 

Your bass in the same finish as a '58 Eldorado 

536702874_Screenshot2020-05-26at18_21_57.thumb.png.1148784a005cad98571283e8f5fc4929.png

Today we get our basses painted the same colour as a Fiat Punto, or a Nissan Moco.. 

1028660309_Screenshot2020-05-26at19_09_52.png.4942d3bba065ebc97f8bc7c39babaa96.png

17 hours ago, Drax said:

Always felt the DuPont / Cadillac paint colours brought a certain romance to vintage Fenders.. the birth of rock n roll, endless summers and drive in movies.. 

Your bass in the same finish as a '58 Eldorado 

536702874_Screenshot2020-05-26at18_21_57.thumb.png.1148784a005cad98571283e8f5fc4929.png

Today we get our basses painted the same colour as a Fiat Punto, or a Nissan Moco.. 

1028660309_Screenshot2020-05-26at19_09_52.png.4942d3bba065ebc97f8bc7c39babaa96.png

Is there a Nissan Moco???

Moco means 'snot' in Spanish.

Still, better than Pajero...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mcnach said:

Is there a Nissan Moco???

Moco means 'snot' in Spanish.

Still, better than Pajero...

Brilliant. I like the colour even more now. 

And the Mitsubishi Pajero - just looked that up 🍆 😂

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the Maruszczyk standard bridges are made from? I had one of the black ones off of my Elwood L the other day and where the paint has been scraped away for a better earth connection, it looked decidedly coppery. I only ask as I might be looking to replace it and have poked my nose into the aluminium vs brass rabbit hole (😬) and want a point of reference.