Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

I still have a lingering GAS for a frog 5, but luckily everytime I go to the configuration page and configure one, it is too close to €2000 to consider and it kicks it back down again!

Actually that configuration thing is a bit odd - there is one in the always out of stock list that is €1750, which is almost exactly what I want, apart from the neck colour and string spacing, but I can't get even close to that price trying to build it on the configurator.

12 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I still have a lingering GAS for a frog 5, but luckily everytime I go to the configuration page and configure one, it is too close to €2000 to consider and it kicks it back down again!

Actually that configuration thing is a bit odd - there is one in the always out of stock list that is €1750, which is almost exactly what I want, apart from the neck colour and string spacing, but I can't get even close to that price trying to build it on the configurator.

I reckon try sending them an email saying you would like the same bass but with different neck colour and string spacing. Literally send a link to the page in your email and ask if they’ll match the price. The worse they can say is no!

9 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

I reckon try sending them an email saying you would like the same bass but with different neck colour and string spacing. Literally send a link to the page in your email and ask if they’ll match the price. The worse they can say is no!

I have thought about it, but then justifying €1750 isn't that easy either, and don't they have a crazy waiting time now? Not sure if I am psychologically capable of waiting longer than 12 weeks!

I’ve spent a few days mulling over my dream build but the configurator doesn’t let me create exactly what I’m after. Basically it will kind of look like this:

9B19EA57-2427-4CAC-A1DA-E5E5B605C7BD.thumb.jpeg.f3abea2bc03d2234047a801b75de12d8.jpeg

probably with a single P pickup, passive, a bit like the Mark Hoppus sig

CF428463-B12C-4113-8E7E-97D9458E4483.jpeg.55b1a48154fec08450a4209a0873d74b.jpeg

In shell pink (not roadworn) with tort guard

C87229E4-B60B-4E83-8FCD-5ACE0C5A099B.jpeg.9eae94b7c6ea9c9a4b6fbed07a859d04.jpeg

But with a transparent finish over a textured ash body like the “white rabbit” basses:

75A9786F-C2B9-4B97-A669-DF453E7CEBD9.jpeg.059043a2d348d352e4efbccd50c41b55.jpeg

Edited by CameronJ

8 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

don't they have a crazy waiting time now? Not sure if I am psychologically capable of waiting longer than 12 weeks!

About 18 weeks. It's a reasonable wait but in the world of custom builds that's still very quick. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

I’ve spent a few days mulling over my dream build but the configurator doesn’t let me create exactly what I’m after.

Just email Adrian like we used to before the configurator existed. He's really easy to work with and I'm sure he'll be able to make it for you. Really like your idea. That would look great and be really unique. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mrtcat said:

Just email Adrian like we used to before the configurator existed. He's really easy to work with and I'm sure he'll be able to make it for you. Really like your idea. That would look great and be really unique. 

I reckon the key will be making sure the shell pink doesn’t turn out too pink! Anyway, based on what I was able to spec up online it looks like it’s gonna come in at just under €2k which is terrifying. To be fair I added quite a few extras...it’s an Elwood L with swamp ash body, carbon neck rods, white ebony fretboard, abalone headstock logo, hipshot bridge, ultralight tuners etc so I’m sure I could knock that price down by at least 300 quid just by being less extravagant. It’s a “dream build” though so if it ain’t extravagant then what’s the point? :P 

Extravagant or not I certainly can’t afford it right now :/

12 hours ago, CameronJ said:

I’ve spent a few days mulling over my dream build but the configurator doesn’t let me create exactly what I’m after. Basically it will kind of look like this:

9B19EA57-2427-4CAC-A1DA-E5E5B605C7BD.thumb.jpeg.f3abea2bc03d2234047a801b75de12d8.jpeg

probably with a single P pickup, passive, a bit like the Mark Hoppus sig

CF428463-B12C-4113-8E7E-97D9458E4483.jpeg.55b1a48154fec08450a4209a0873d74b.jpeg

In shell pink (not roadworn) with tort guard

C87229E4-B60B-4E83-8FCD-5ACE0C5A099B.jpeg.9eae94b7c6ea9c9a4b6fbed07a859d04.jpeg

But with a transparent finish over a textured ash body like the “white rabbit” basses:

75A9786F-C2B9-4B97-A669-DF453E7CEBD9.jpeg.059043a2d348d352e4efbccd50c41b55.jpeg

heyyy its my pic ! :D !

just send email to adrian, the configurator is really time consuming to setup so they cannot do every single possible option in the world.

they do still do old fashion / style orders where you write emails and all :)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

I have thought about it, but then justifying €1750 isn't that easy either, and don't they have a crazy waiting time now? Not sure if I am psychologically capable of waiting longer than 12 weeks!

lead time is about16 20 weeks now. + -

used to be 8 .... not so long ago 

My Maruszczyk is going back :(

i just couldnt get on with 17mm string spacing. Im gutted because it sounds and plays so freaking good!

if anybody wants it then let me know today as it will be shipped tomorrow. you can have it for the price i paid. £820 which is a steal!

(theres more pics earlier in the thread)

jake1.thumb.jpg.8bdff86881a9e47fca2eaafd92c7de93.jpg.14a219db1683d2b3832860de1948f7c6.jpg

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, GisserD said:

i just couldnt get on with 17mm string spacing. Im gutted because it sounds and plays so freaking good!

if anybody wants it then let me know today as it will be shipped tomorrow. you can have it for the price i paid. £820 which is a steal!

jake1.thumb.jpg.8bdff86881a9e47fca2eaafd92c7de93.jpg.14a219db1683d2b3832860de1948f7c6.jpg

Gutted for you. It's just like mine, but mine has the 19mm, and it's perfect.

21 minutes ago, GisserD said:

That's a shame because it's a lovely looking bass. Know what you mean though - I've got to have 19mm spacing on my basses.

30 minutes ago, GisserD said:

Oh thats lovely, a white P bass with close to decent spacing. If I was in the market for a P, that would be what it would be like, especially at the price.

8-10 weeks was what I was quoted the 3 times I had a bass made by them. Every time it was within that range. I think that was crazy quick for a completely custom-specced instrument. 

20 weeks is not that long for an instrument you really want, but it may sound like a lot for an impulse buy.

22 hours ago, mcnach said:

How long are you into yours? :D

Oh no, nothing on order at the moment, the 8 weeks was bad for me for my last one, I haven't got anywhere near the justfication required for the frog. And having just come back from a Steve WIlson gig I am wondering if I should even bother :D

Arrived today. Worryingly it was left on my front doorstep by FedEx for approx 5 hours in plain sight. Bloody lucky it was still there when I got home.

Plays lovely, sounds great (the aguilar pups are everything I'd hoped for) 

BUT!!!!! There's no luminlays. They're on my spec sheet and I paid 40 euros extra for them but they're not there. Gutted. Have emailed Adrian so will see what the response is. It may sound petty but I definitely want them fitted.

IMG_8188.JPG

• Like 2