Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

58 minutes ago, Wilco said:

Oh, it WILL accumulate......! 😆

Already doing my sums. It will be cost neutral if I sell my Jazz and one of my electric guitars (neither of which I play)... or maybe I'll add a few more bells and whistles and pay a bit extra.

The configurator is the no-brainer for me... hours of endless fun.

On 3/2/2018 at 14:31, Paul S said:

My Jake 5 arrived today.  Just unwrapped it, plugged it in briefly, kissed it a couple of times.  An exceptionally trim 3.6kg - 8lbs - for a 5 string Precision!!  Neck dimensions I spec'd are perfect.  Delano pup has the extra bite over the Aguilar that I hoped for.  Figured maple neck/fingerboard and headstock are to die for.  My expectations were very high but this has just blown me away - how is it possible to make such a good bass for £1600?  Actually, £1500 - £100 was for the SKB case.  And Adrian chucked a gorgeous leather strap in the case, too.  I am now going to be mega impatient to use it at rehearsals and gigs.  Swoon.  I'll take some nice pics when the weather cheers up.

I can relate to that feeling - been there twice and got 2 straps to prove it :D

Sunny day so out came the camera.  I never learn - in the event an overcast day would have shown it better.  hey ho.

Ladies and gents, meet my new Jake 5!  3.6kg of 5 string Precision goodness.  I ordered BBM to sort of make it a 5 string brother to one of my Squier JV Ps, which is BBM and has some figuring in the neck.  So I opted for figured maple all round - yum! - with graphite rods, 45mm at the nut, zero fret.  Chambered basswood body, Hipshot hardware, 17mm spacing at the bridge.  Passive electronics.  Delano PC5 AL/M2 pickup - which has turned out exactly how I wanted with more bite and growl than the Aguilar I had fitted into my MM Sterling 5.  I like it so much, in fact, that I have bought one from Adrian to stick into the Sterling to replace the AG-5P 60. 

For me this was a big deal.  I don't spend a lot of money on basses (although I manage to lose a lot - how does that happen?) and after a slightly gone wrong experience importing a Yamaha BB5000 that cost me dearly was a bit wary.  But I couldn't be happier with this one.  If I were given the opportunity to order another one i would spec it out exactly the same.  So probably not worth doing... :)  Anyway, £1500 for the bass, £100 for an SKB hard case (which retails at £130!).  Big grin on my face every time I pick it up.  Or just look at it, frankly.

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

m5.jpg

m6.jpg

• Like 3