Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' timestamp='1498832995' post='3327453']
So, I'm waiting on this with baited breath. Delivery before 6pm today. Allegedly.

[/quote]

Wow! So that's yours?
I was drooling over that on Facebook the other day!
What's the specs?

Eude

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' timestamp='1498832995' post='3327453']
So, I'm waiting on this with baited breath. Delivery before 6pm today. Allegedly.

[/quote]Those pickups are awesome, you won't be disappointed.

Hey eude - nice one, I'll have to check out the FB page - can't wait to see the video Adrian made.

Specs are fairly standard - 24 fret bound neck, rosewood fingerboard. Body is chambered alder. Pickups are Delano's, hardware is Hipshot. Only non-standard-ish thing is the controls are vol-balance-tone instead of vol-vol-tone.

Hey ezbass - cool, I'm really looking forward to hearing these pickups in the flesh. I loved the demos of them. Was tempted to get the models that could be coil tapped, but then I knew I'd go mad with options. "A man with a dog has a problem with a dog."

So I was meant to get my bass today, but because of French security, who wanted to X-Ray it, it didn't get to Stoke till the cut off time for their deliveries, so I'll get it Monday.

Maybe they got suspicious because it looks like a missile?

Who knows!

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1498858596' post='3327674']
So I was meant to get my bass today, but because of French security, who wanted to X-Ray it, it didn't get to Stoke till the cut off time for their deliveries, so I'll get it Monday.

Maybe they got suspicious because it looks like a missile?

Who knows!
[/quote]

Bass has literally turned up and it's been named Bass Of The Month on the Public Peace website, so I'm chuffed. https://www.public-peace.de/bass-of-the-month/2230-public-peace-proudly-presents-the-bass-of-the-month-july-2017

Didn't think Fed Ex delivered on a Saturday with International Economy, however!

Edited by Fisheth

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1498898064' post='3327805']
Bass has literally turned up and it's been named Bass Of The Month on the Public Peace website, so I'm chuffed. [url="https://www.public-peace.de/bass-of-the-month/2230-public-peace-proudly-presents-the-bass-of-the-month-july-2017"]https://www.public-p...month-july-2017[/url]

Didn't think Fed Ex delivered on a Saturday with International Economy, however!
[/quote]

That's so cool! :)

I play a Stingray in a ska band... I'd like to see the look on people's faces if one day I showed up with that pointy wonder :lol:
The more I look at it the more I like it.... It also makes me think of Michael Schenker's Flying V guitars. I used to dream of having one just like his with the white/black alternate pattern. Knowing that they could probably make me a bass version puts terrible thoughts in my mind. It's good that my music budget is locked for a few months due to the arrival of the new amplifier, otherwise... uf... :lol:

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1498903181' post='3327850']
That's so cool! :)

I play a Stingray in a ska band... I'd like to see the look on people's faces if one day I showed up with that pointy wonder :lol:
The more I look at it the more I like it.... It also makes me think of Michael Schenker's Flying V guitars. I used to dream of having one just like his with the white/black alternate pattern. Knowing that they could probably make me a bass version puts terrible thoughts in my mind. It's good that my music budget is locked for a few months due to the arrival of the new amplifier, otherwise... uf... :lol:
[/quote]

Funnily enough, Schenker was my first thought with it (I own a Schenker guitar funnily enough) didn't want to get into legal trouble though :P

Just had a quick play with it. Adrian wasn't lying when he said the B string would be tight enough, it's tight enough for standard tuning that it won't cause any issues.

Still not as tight as my Lakland though, but that is a 35 scale bass compared to the 32 of this one!

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1498903582' post='3327853']
Just toying with ideas... so many choices.

(The top-left and bottom-right are charcoal frost. I don't think they're as blue as that in real life.)

[/quote]

The Cream Jake is gorgeous!

Bass has literally turned up and it's been named Bass Of The Month on the Public Peace website, so I'm chuffed. https://www.public-peace.de/bass-of-the-month/2230-public-peace-proudly-presents-the-bass-of-the-month-july-2017

[/quote]
Happy, happy new bass day!

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1498903582' post='3327853']
Just toying with ideas... so many choices.

(The top-left and bottom-right are charcoal frost. I don't think they're as blue as that in real life.)

[/quote]

middle, left... classy. Yum.

Bass has literally turned up and it's been named Bass Of The Month on the Public Peace website, so I'm chuffed. [url="https://www.public-peace.de/bass-of-the-month/2230-public-peace-proudly-presents-the-bass-of-the-month-july-2017"]https://www.public-p...month-july-2017[/url]

[/quote]

Lucky you - so far they haven't delivered mine on a Saturday. Should have been here yesterday according to the tracking, now there's no scheduled date which I'm guessing means Monday at the earliest. Bah humbug.

Anyway - enjoy yours!!!!

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' timestamp='1498906197' post='3327887']
Lucky you - so far they haven't delivered mine on a Saturday. Should have been here yesterday according to the tracking, now there's no scheduled date which I'm guessing means Monday at the earliest. Bah humbug.

Anyway - enjoy yours!!!!
[/quote]

I saw yours, absolutely beautiful.

I was toying with the idea of a six string Jake for a while, didn't go anywhere though!

I'm liking what I'm seeing and hearing on here, the pointy bass is something special and that white 6 string is pretty close to what I'd get if I ordered another bass from them (but with flats on it).

I've resisted asking how long mine's going to be, I'm not a great waiter (in either sense of the word, no good at taking soup to tables in restaurants either) but I really get the feeling it will be worth it.

[quote name='adamg67' timestamp='1498928976' post='3328075']
I'm liking what I'm seeing and hearing on here, the pointy bass is something special and that white 6 string is pretty close to what I'd get if I ordered another bass from them (but with flats on it).

I've resisted asking how long mine's going to be, I'm not a great waiter (in either sense of the word, no good at taking soup to tables in restaurants either) but I really get the feeling it will be worth it.
[/quote]

I've ordered three from these guys and it's always worth it when it gets to your door!

What did you order?

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1498929099' post='3328077']
I've ordered three from these guys and it's always worth it when it gets to your door!

What did you order?
[/quote]

It's a Jake 5a+, 35" scale neck. Blue burst, everything else black including the back of the neck and head, apart from the MOP block inlays which I think just brighten it up a bit (always wanted block inlays).

I was original wanting a Stringray 5HH in stealth black, then considering a Sandberg before I saw what I could get with a Maruszczyk.

This will be my "rock bass" and should have a good range of quality tones (Delano pups and pre, active or passive).

Tuners are ultralights and I'm hoping the monorail and 35" scale will make for a really nice big clean tone as well.

Edited by adamg67

• 2 weeks later...

Going for another Jake I think for Uni, I was considering Sandberg... But their shapes look dodgy to me now that they've put in the newer models:

Contemplating something like this

Or like this...

I know, it's less out there than some of my previous basses, that's for sure, currently veering towards the second one, but the cost is basically identical.

Edited by Fisheth

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1500151121' post='3335983']

Eeew... that's WIERD!
[/quote]

If you think that's weird, you should've seen the one I made earlier... ebony, inlayless, cream binding, pink sparkle finish and matching headstock... hideously beautiful! I actually loved it.

Edited by M@23