Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

My custom Elwood arrived today!

I'm proper chuffed with it. The craftsmanship is excellent and it plays like butter.

The setup out of the box is perfect for me too, which is unusual. Usually I've got the allen keys out within 5 minutes of opening the box.

Hugh

[quote name='Hugh971' timestamp='1460750937' post='3028562']

I'm proper chuffed with it. The craftsmanship is excellent and it plays like butter.

The setup out of the box is perfect for me too, which is unusual. Usually I've got the allen keys out within 5 minutes of opening the box.

Hugh
[/quote]

Love the simplicity! And refreshing to hear good news about the out of the box setup :)

Congrats!

Hugh
[/quote]

Very nice!
What's custom about the build? Compared to their stock 'Human Nature' builds.

Si

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1460756440' post='3028608']

Love the simplicity! And refreshing to hear good news about the out of the box setup :)

Congrats!
[/quote]

Well I do like a low action. But this isn't ridiculously low. And it's not close to buzzing. I can attack the strings a bit without unwanted noise.

It was in tune when it arrived too so I guess it didn't shift in transit.

Hugh

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1460758719' post='3028635']

Very nice!
What's custom about the build? Compared to their stock 'Human Nature' builds.

Si
[/quote]

A few things.

- Black hardware but chrome control plate.
- chambered body
- matte finish
- fender knobs
- neck dimensions (38mm nut, 20mm deep at 1st fret, 23 at 12th.

Hugh

Two cracking looking, but very different, Elwoods. Will the Maruszczyc love ever stop on BC? I hope not and signs are that more and more of us are digging the Public-Peace vibe and craftsmanship. Long may it continue.

I'll be taking mine out for its first gig at the end of the month, I'll let you know how it gets on.

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1461059959' post='3030973']
Love this. The black hardware really sets it off.
[/quote]

Thanks! It's come out exactly as I hoped.

The control plate is actually chrome, not black as it looks in the photo. The rest of the hardware is black though.

Hugh

flippyfloop,
I have choose al the woods, hardware and electronics, and costumized everything as i liked (string spacing, nech dimensions, weight and string gauge). For me is my perfect bass, but i haven't had to much, but taking the best part (for me) of each bass i tried, and manage to set a unique instrument, for me the final result was perfect. Very ergonomic, comfortable, no neck dive and clean sound.

Sound is very good. It has delano pickups and pre amp. It don't have the same powered output has my G&L, but it have a very good sound, clean a tight, good to manage with my amp (Genz benz streamliner) to get sound or vintage, or more modern hifi.

Here is photos of it : https://meocloud.pt/link/0fbe2f47-e7ce-4f69-aac8-f6ef08e2c295/Marus%20Frog/

Hope it help, If need more infos, let me konw ;)

If I were to change one thing about my order in retrospect I'd request low profile frets. Because I'm an extremely aggressive player I can't get on with jumbo frets. I didn't know this till I got a bass with them on.

If there's one change I'll make to this bass, I'll put it in for a fret filing. I didn't realize at the time but my main bass I've been beating up for years has tiny short frets on it and that's why I can still play really hard with a low-ish action and no buzzing on it.

But that's entirely down to my playing style and me not understanding the impact of those large frets.

Hugh
[/quote]

Great grain pattern...

Hi there, everybody! (First post here!)

Recently I've been eyeing this brand quite a bit, as I've only really heard nice things about them, and I'm quite intrigued by some of the pickups and electronics they offer for their custom basses. So, recently I dropped Adrian an email regarding a custom Jake. I, very quickly, got a reply in which it was stated that a custom Jake 4 starts at 1200€, with pickups, preamp etc. adding to the price. This is of course not by any means a massive price for a solid, EU-made bass, but it did surprise me slightly as some of the Jakes they have ready for purchase are considerably cheaper than 1200€. Of course, it makes sense that a bespoke bass would be a bit more expensive than a similarly-spec'd regular production model, due to the customer contact and added workload, but I do also recall reading about remarkably cheap custom jobs on this very forum. I'll contact Adrian again and ask if I can somehow down-spec the bass to cut the cost a little bit - perhaps he assumed I'd want something a bit fancier and just made an unusually high estimate - but I'd also like to check with you lot to see if you've gotten similar estimates for your Jake inquiries. Perhaps they have become a tad pricier in the recent years?

Anyhow, 1700 or so euros for a bass made to my specs, upgraded with the pickups and preamp I want, is not unreasonable, but if that will be the final cost I'll probably have to take a closer look at the old budget.

Grateful for any replies!

Edited by ZilchWoolham