Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

Just now, Merton said:

Awesome testament to his work ethic and success, nice!

I have about 5 or 6 Elwoods specced oh my phone, just trying to decide which way to go with it now. A classic (eg white/tort) or a bit different (that would be telling!). Once I’ve played some at the London Bass Show next week I’ll be closer to a decision :)

for full disclosure .. i have 3 of my own lol .... that's how much i believe in the product lol

• Like 1

I've only recently joined Basschat, but I've been a huge maruszczyk fan since I've ordered my first frog back in 2011. In 2014 I was longing for a fretless, so obviously I got another frog, this time I got a showroom-shot (this was what Adrian sent befor sending sofa-shots)

_c1056299_image_0.thumb.JPG.335c18b7542c5c3485091dd9070748ec.JPG

_c1383889_image_0.jpg.32f2da6e3e8087afe0bb3ab58f05d196.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SamBa said:

I've only recently joined Basschat, but I've been a huge maruszczyk fan since I've ordered my first frog back in 2011. In 2014 I was longing for a fretless, so obviously I got another frog, this time I got a showroom-shot (this was what Adrian sent befor sending sofa-shots)

_c1056299_image_0.thumb.JPG.335c18b7542c5c3485091dd9070748ec.JPG

_c1383889_image_0.jpg.32f2da6e3e8087afe0bb3ab58f05d196.jpg

Lovely basses. I do like an ash body with nice grain & stain. Dual truss rod on the blue one is a nice feature too.

Welcome to BC by the way!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wilco said:

Lovely basses. I do like an ash body with nice grain & stain. Dual truss rod on the blue one is a nice feature too.

Welcome to BC by the way!

Thanks, I believe Adrian was still testing a bit to find the ideal specs for a 6-string frog, so I got dual truss rods :).

Back in 2011 the waiting period was 6 weeks, quite amazing how his company has grown and gained popularity

On 13/02/2018 at 21:33, Wilco said:

No chance. Has indeed changed the price but still got it listed as an Elwood not a Jake.......f***wit!!

It was no good - I couldn't take it any more! Messaged the seller to say it is a Jake. OCD relieved!! 😆

• Haha 1

On 27/02/2018 at 22:36, Wilco said:

It was no good - I couldn't take it any more! Messaged the seller to say it is a Jake. OCD relieved!! 😆

OCD not relieved.🙄 The total bellend insists it's an Elwood Jake...    This despite me pointing them to the PP website & the fact they have an instrument certificate clearly saying the model is a Jake..... 🤔 Potentially a very nice bass, but I for one will be avoiding that seller like the plague! 

Edited by Wilco

5 hours ago, Wilco said:

OCD not relieved.🙄 The total bellend insists it's an Elwood Jake...    This despite me pointing them to the PP website & the fact they have an instrument certificate clearly saying the model is a Jake..... 🤔 Potentially a very nice bass, but I for one will be avoiding that buyer like the plague! 

:D !!!

Not the kind of seller I'd like to have to have any issues with. The bass is lovely 'though.

On 27 February 2018 at 22:36, Wilco said:

Ha, I was going to do the same! He lives near me in Sale and he has listed it around 6-7 times now. It started at £950, didn't sell so he tried it a few more times at that price, didn't sell again so he increased it it £1250 and guess what - it didn't sell!

Even after dropping it back down to £950 nobody has bitten perhaps because he's still describing it as an Elwood or maybe because he claims in his listing that the RRP is £1,700 but they only cost £1,299 new. In fact his Jake looks identical to the one that Bass Guitar magazine reviewed in January and they listed it as £1,299 too.

BY the way I'd buy it myself at say £750-£800 but the colour is just too similar to my Sandberg California II TM4.

My Jake 5 arrived today.  Just unwrapped it, plugged it in briefly, kissed it a couple of times.  An exceptionally trim 3.6kg - 8lbs - for a 5 string Precision!!  Neck dimensions I spec'd are perfect.  Delano pup has the extra bite over the Aguilar that I hoped for.  Figured maple neck/fingerboard and headstock are to die for.  My expectations were very high but this has just blown me away - how is it possible to make such a good bass for £1600?  Actually, £1500 - £100 was for the SKB case.  And Adrian chucked a gorgeous leather strap in the case, too.  I am now going to be mega impatient to use it at rehearsals and gigs.  Swoon.  I'll take some nice pics when the weather cheers up.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Paul S said:

My Jake 5 arrived today.  Just unwrapped it, plugged it in briefly, kissed it a couple of times.  An exceptionally trim 3.6kg - 8lbs - for a 5 string Precision!!  Neck dimensions I spec'd are perfect.  Delano pup has the extra bite over the Aguilar that I hoped for.  Figured maple neck/fingerboard and headstock are to die for.  My expectations were very high but this has just blown me away - how is it possible to make such a good bass for £1600?  Actually, £1500 - £100 was for the SKB case.  And Adrian chucked a gorgeous leather strap in the case, too.  I am now going to be mega impatient to use it at rehearsals and gigs.  Swoon.  I'll take some nice pics when the weather cheers up.

Oh man, that sounds great. Looking forward to the pics! And maybe even a sound clip or two? ^_^

I’ve been lusting for a 5 string Precision myself of late...

2 hours ago, GisserD said:

i just joined the club!!!

ive been looking for a tasty P 5er then i came across this....

well happy :)

Nice score! I saw that on eBay & was pondering as it was for sale up the road from me in Gloucester if I remember correctly.

i bet it's a joy to play, & that pickup combination must give it a nice fat sound.

1 hour ago, Wilco said:

Nice score! I saw that on eBay & was pondering as it was for sale up the road from me in Gloucester if I remember correctly.

i bet it's a joy to play, & that pickup combination must give it a nice fat sound.

Yeah! I made the guy a low offer and to my supprise he accepted! 

I always wanted a Pass, i always wanted a white bass, maple board with matching headstock, like always wanted a bridge humbucker.... 

I have everything I ever wanted. Gas cured :)

Edited by GisserD
  • Like 1

Just been on the bass configurator and put together the perfect 30" scale PJ Jake. I was quite modest with the options (my needs are simple)... but it has absolutely everything I want. Just over €1200. GAS is nibbling away at me now...

4 minutes ago, Trueno said:

Just been on the bass configurator and put together the perfect 30" scale PJ Jake. I was quite modest with the options (my needs are simple)... but it has absolutely everything I want. Just over €1200. GAS is nibbling away at me now...

Don't waste your time fighting the GAS and the inevitable outcome, push the button ;)

28 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Don't waste your time fighting the GAS and the inevitable outcome, push the button ;)

I'm doing the mental gymnastics. Selling my J bass would cover most of the cost... once I decide I'm a committed short-scaler. Another thought... I could buy a cheaper bass and pimp it to death. How much would that cost? The custom option would have everything from day one.

Anyway, going on holidays soon... let's see how the GAS accumulates (could be nasty).

47 minutes ago, david1711 said:

Pierre, do you know if Adrian’s team hold spare neck replacement stock. I need one for an Elwood custom 5 string that has a busted rod. Thanks!

David

44 791 868 2028.

If you email Adrian he usually replies pretty quickly. I'm certain he'd help any way he could. 

• Like 2