Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

I'm in!!!! Elwood L ordered. Blueburst flamed maple top, Maple neck / board, 1 bassculture mm style humbucker, 1 bassculture single coil, delano 3 band eq with parallel/single/series switch for humbucker. I emailed my enquiry last night at 8pm and by 9.30 this morning we had agreed everything, I'd selected the piece of maple for the top and I'd paid my deposit. Possibly the easiest custom (ish) order ever and really swift comms.

12-15 weeks is going to seem like a lifetime lol.

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1479549518' post='3177360']
I'm in!!!! Elwood L ordered. Blueburst flamed maple top, Maple neck / board, 1 bassculture mm style humbucker, 1 bassculture single coil, delano 3 band eq with parallel/single/series switch for humbucker. I emailed my enquiry last night at 8pm and by 9.30 this morning we had agreed everything, I'd selected the piece of maple for the top and I'd paid my deposit. Possibly the easiest custom (ish) order ever and really swift comms.

12-15 weeks is going to seem like a lifetime lol.
[/quote]

waiting time can vary...... 12/15 is worse case scenario.

I've had one done in 7 or 8.

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1479550629' post='3177375']

waiting time can vary...... 12/15 is worse case scenario.

I've had one done in 7 or 8.
[/quote]

That's cool. Adrian said 12-15 this morning but if it comes sooner it'll be a really nice bonus. I had to sell my stingray and jazz to fund this so until then I'm going to be using just my Limelight P for all the Xmas party gigs and nye. Actually really looking forward to getting back to basics a bit.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1479640958' post='3177991']
Same, getting rid of some stuff to fund a new one...
[/quote]

Ha! I've been slowly getting rid of dead weight... but I wasn't thinking of buying one, really. However... these things happen. "Hello, my name is Jose and I am a bass addict" :lol:

No, but it's a very sensible proposition (I tell myself). I like the Jazz sound just not the Jazz body or thin neck which has led me to sell most of my Jazz basses until now. I'll just keep the Squier because it's very nice and so cheap that it seems a waste to sell it for the peanuts I'd get. I had momentarily satisfied my Jazz needs by transforming a surplus -yet lovely player- Precision into a Jazz. It went from:

to:

and finally to:

And it's in its last incarnation that I've been using this bass a lot lately, and enjoying it immensely.

However, a chance encounter with Hammersmith basses led me to their oh-so-pretty Precision body style with twin J pickups... Like this:

and an innocent comment led to my chatting to the guy behind those basses. And the idea of ordering one was born. Their range of options is nowhere near as comprehensive as Maruszczyk... but they pretty much fit my preferences and they were quite flexible when it came to things that mattered... plus the bass could be with me very soon if I ordered now and there was a very good discount applied.
However, the communication dried up a bit and I already asked twice for some details that I absolutely need before I push the button.

So, with the idea of getting a new bass already firmly planted and funds sorted... it was obvious to think of Maruszczyk again. It is a known quantity and I know they'll do a great job... and there was my plan for a Jazz-like bass that I put aside due to temporary cash flow issues (which led to the creamy beauty above)... so I think I'll probably just move away from Hammersmith, as they can't be bothered, and go with Maruszczyk again.
One think I *love* about Hammersmith is the truss rod adjustment: a wheel like on MusicMan basses. And they had a few other things I like a lot... but at the end of the day I have never tried one of their basses, it involves importing from Canada, etc... Maruszczyk seems the safer bet and they do respond.

And what about the Precision - Jazz conversion above? Oh, it's being further converted to something I had in mind for ages: I'm moving the neck pickup south, almost to the bottom of the pickguard. It won't sound like a Jazz anymore but that position is pretty cool and unique. So the new bass will be the "Jazz".

But... let's wait and see. ;)

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1479652272' post='3178117']

Ha! I've been slowly getting rid of dead weight... but I wasn't thinking of buying one, really. However... these things happen. "Hello, my name is Jose and I am a bass addict" :lol:

No, but it's a very sensible proposition (I tell myself). I like the Jazz sound just not the Jazz body or thin neck which has led me to sell most of my Jazz basses until now. I'll just keep the Squier because it's very nice and so cheap that it seems a waste to sell it for the peanuts I'd get. I had momentarily satisfied my Jazz needs by transforming a surplus -yet lovely player- Precision into a Jazz. It went from:

to:

and finally to:

And it's in its last incarnation that I've been using this bass a lot lately, and enjoying it immensely.

However, a chance encounter with Hammersmith basses led me to their oh-so-pretty Precision body style with twin J pickups... Like this:

and an innocent comment led to my chatting to the guy behind those basses. And the idea of ordering one was born. Their range of options is nowhere near as comprehensive as Maruszczyk... but they pretty much fit my preferences and they were quite flexible when it came to things that mattered... plus the bass could be with me very soon if I ordered now and there was a very good discount applied.
However, the communication dried up a bit and I already asked twice for some details that I absolutely need before I push the button.

So, with the idea of getting a new bass already firmly planted and funds sorted... it was obvious to think of Maruszczyk again. It is a known quantity and I know they'll do a great job... and there was my plan for a Jazz-like bass that I put aside due to temporary cash flow issues (which led to the creamy beauty above)... so I think I'll probably just move away from Hammersmith, as they can't be bothered, and go with Maruszczyk again.
One think I *love* about Hammersmith is the truss rod adjustment: a wheel like on MusicMan basses. And they had a few other things I like a lot... but at the end of the day I have never tried one of their basses, it involves importing from Canada, etc... Maruszczyk seems the safer bet and they do respond.

And what about the Precision - Jazz conversion above? Oh, it's being further converted to something I had in mind for ages: I'm moving the neck pickup south, almost to the bottom of the pickguard. It won't sound like a Jazz anymore but that position is pretty cool and unique. So the new bass will be the "Jazz".

But... let's wait and see. ;)
[/quote]Come to think of It Jose i can't recall ever seeing a P Bass with 2 jazz pickups.?

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1479804430' post='3179330']
Come to think of It Jose i can't recall ever seeing a P Bass with 2 jazz pickups.?
[/quote]

There aren't many. Squier made a couple, I think. But it surprises me too. I guess most people are happy with a P/J and don't feel going the whole JJ is necessary.

So you guys with the 5 string instruments - hows your B?
I've had hit or miss affairs with B strings on Fender type basses and the inability to try before buying worries me.....
Also, am I correct in thinking the prices of the stock instruments on the website include shipping to UK?

[quote name='andyonbass' timestamp='1479808411' post='3179370']
I've had hit or miss affairs with B strings on Fender type basses and the inability to try before buying worries me.....
Also, am I correct in thinking the prices of the stock instruments on the website include shipping to UK?
[/quote]

Shipping is included.

Both my B strings are as they should be, in that they feel and sound just like the other 4 strings. That's running a 120 on the Elwood L5 and a 125 on the Jake. I came to these from a 35 inch scale Lakland, which was the first B string I was really happy with, and they're both at least as good.

[/quote]All the instruments that I've owned.The best B strings have been on a Stingray 5 and a Lakland. I'm not sure why as we all talk about scale lengths and those 2 have different ones. I think it comes down to construction/pickups and strings. A tought B string I think comes down to many factors. My Maruszczyk has just as good a B string as both of those instruments.

[quote name='NickD' timestamp='1479811251' post='3179397']
Shipping is included.

Both my B strings are as they should be, in that they feel and sound just like the other 4 strings. That's running a 120 on the Elwood L5 and a 125 on the Jake. I came to these from a 35 inch scale Lakland, which was the first B string I was really happy with, and they're both at least as good.
[/quote]

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1479813959' post='3179433']
All the instruments that I've owned.The best B strings have been on a Stingray 5 and a Lakland. I'm not sure why as we all talk about scale lengths and those 2 have different ones. I think it comes down to construction/pickups and strings. A tought B string I think comes down to many factors. My Maruszczyk has just as good a B string as both of those instruments.
[/quote]

Thanks, that is reassuring.....

[/quote]

It's great. Pretty much the same as the ACG. A bit different to the Dingwall, as that was 37" so felt different.
Certainly nothing you would think about twice, but then I have never had a fender 5 string, so I don't know what the problem with those are, but I am guessing as people who have them are the ones worried about B strings they aren't good.