Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

@Mike2tone - interesting that you choose to go on the offensive within your first three posts.

There isn't any hostility in here; new members posting lots of updates on a brand that otherwise didn't have much of a presence on the forum just stinks of guerrilla marketing, the posts are clearly supposed to read like a fan writing about their new bass but when it turns out the writer is a dealer for the brand it then becomes a bit underhanded in my eyes. It's using the forum for free hits without actually contributing either financially or even with knowledge sharing to help the community.

The basses do actually look quite nice & I'm sure plenty of people here would like them - I believe they were at the London Bass show this weekend so maybe anyone that played one would like to chip in with a review?

Do you have one - maybe you could share your opinions?

Count me in as a Maruszczyk user.
This is my Jake, a P Bass type in Fiesta Red.
I've put a replacement pickup and a Parallel / series switch in to create a few sound options. They was nothing wrong with Adrians original pickup I just wanted a different vibe.
Build quality and materials are good and the sound is fantastic..... a very easy player.
I believe Adrian builds quality instruments without the silly custom ticket prices.
His website lists what's in stock and new versions of his basses are added when they become available. If you want something specific he can build you YOUR bass. I just picked one from the list of in stock basses and I'm very pleased with what I got.
Next purchase is going to be a Elwood or Jazzus :gas: ....... To much choice :)
I have nothing to do with Adrian, Im just a very satisfied customer. Check out........

[url="http://www.public-peace.de/index.php/maruszczyk-instruments"]http://www.public-pe...zyk-instruments[/url]

[attachment=185926:DSC_0580.JPG]

[attachment=185927:DSC_0587.JPG]

[attachment=185929:DSC_0584.JPG]

Hello.
About this. I have put an order for a costum one. It would be a Frog 5.
I choose all the woods, hardware, electronics, pickups and custom ideas for it.
It has been a person to reach very easy (adrian). It gave me around 8 to 10 weeks to make it.

I have already played with one, and its very nice instrumets. Its a brand that don't have a "fender" name, but it don't mean that can be equally good or even better. Since its a "single person" brand, the advertisig or brand "propagation" will be with persons that know, or play with their instruments.

When mine arrive, i'll put some photos of it ;)

Regards

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1425896696' post='2711842']
... anyone that played one would like to chip in with a review?

Do you have one - maybe you could share your opinions?
[/quote]

Lw,

I can really follow your argumentation, might be the "modern" way of preparing a market ... maybe.

Anyway, I own an Elwood 5 fretless - and since then, its is my main instrument. This one even kicked a Sadowsky out of my 'decision-match'. Which does not mean that Maruszczyk builds those high-end instruments, my Elwood is "just"
a properly built instrument based on classic tonewoods .... that's it.

Please find a complete review and pics here:
[url="http://www.musiker-board.de/threads/bass-maruszczyk-elwood-l5-24-fretless.468658/"]http://www.musiker-board.de/threads/bass-maruszczyk-elwood-l5-24-fretless.468658/[/url]
(sorry folks, German - but you might be able to pick the important elements :-))

Tom

I tried the ones at the show and had a chat with Adrian on both days for a long time. The built quality was amazing and the playability just as good. I am by no means the best bass player (or good) but I have worked in the musical instruments sector for a long time, running a shop on Denmark Street and I can sincerely say this instruments would cost 2 or 3 times more if they had a different name on the headstock.

I had my friend who's a seasoned pro and Rotosound artist try them and he was very impressed. Specially with the balance of the Frog. You can have them made to your liking with top components like glockenklang preamps and Delano pickups and after close inspection not a flaw in sight. These guys have been making basses for about 30 years!! That's longer than most boutique companies.

Adrian is a great guy, very friendly and a great player too. I'll be ordering mine soon and I'll post photos/review. Still deciding what to order, so much choice!!

By the way... Re: club threads, they're all over BC already, but they just don't have 'club' in the title.

They're an incredibly useful resource for anyone who is interested in a particular brand. I've never quite got the negativity toward them.

Apologies for going OT.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1426013388' post='2713462']
By the way... Re: club threads, they're all over BC already, but they just don't have 'club' in the title.

They're an incredibly useful resource for anyone who is interested in a particular brand. I've never quite got the negativity toward them.
[/quote]

I think it's just the way it's done on TB, with people having numbers & listing their individual club memberships in their signatures like a bunch of great big trainspotting Wendys.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1426016906' post='2713529']

I think it's just the way it's done on TB, with people having numbers & listing their individual club memberships in their signatures like a bunch of great big trainspotting Wendys.
[/quote]

Well said.. can I be Wendy number 1. :-)

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1426021868' post='2713605']
The red burst Elwood and Jake models look really rather tasty. But I've spent all my bass tokens :(
[/quote]

The names would be a deal breaker for me - I f***ing hate The Blues Brothers.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1426096870' post='2714385']
I'm seriously considering a Jake, but the amount of custom options is threatening to make my head explode.

Mind, I love Adrian's voice. It's so soothing.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oicxvq2A95g[/media]
[/quote]

You're tempting me so damn hard...

[quote name='spyder' timestamp='1426157661' post='2714981']
I really love my Jake. Better than a Fender and around half the price with the Euro about 0.72p.
I'm saving for an Elwood.
Got serious GAS
[/quote]

What pickups do you have in yours, if you don't mind my asking? What's the neck profile & weight like?

Are the frets nice and smooth on the ends?

Thank you...