Left leaderboard
Ulas Engin

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 12:00, scrumpymike said:

Wot, no sofa shot?!

http://IMG-5501.jpg

The 'official' Adrian sofa shot would have cost an extra 500 quid compared to what I paid J Jay for the above as advertised on the FS forum.  Delivery time much better on this one too 😊  It's a short-scale Elwood with hi-mass bridge (not sure which) and SD pup upgrades btw.

Hey - I come up with this exact bass (save the pups) on the configurator the other week! Noice!

3 hours ago, burno70 said:

Hey - I come up with this exact bass (save the pups) on the configurator the other week! Noice!

Thanks - certainly works for me even tho I can't take any credit for the design.  Glad you didn't patent it - or did you? 😧

Recently had my Elwood L restrung at Guitar Guitar for free under their recent promotion. The guys there hadn't heard of Maruszczyk, but they were mightily impressed with mine, which was very pleasing.

• Like 1

Just been trying to get myself up to speed on what the various bass options for Maruszczyk basses are but couldn't easily find a side by side comparison of what was available; so I took the liberty of cutting and pasting from their website to pull something together for myself. Sharing this here in case it's of use / interest to other folk (and apologies if this has been done multiple times already!)

Maruszczyk basses.png

Bear in mind that up until recently the way of ordering a Maruszczyk involved emailing them with some specs you wanted and getting something build, so there are a large amount of variations on a theme.

For instance, mine is an elwood, and if I had to pick one it would be closer to the Elwood L24 than the others, but it isn't necessarily one, it is just a chambered lightweight 24 fret elwood P/JJ

Just spent the past hour noodling on a short scale Elwood. What a great wee bass - only thing I didn't like was it got a bit farty down the low end if you didn't play really lightly. To others with short scale Maruszczyks - do you find this or could it be the specific strings that were on it?

Ta

Edited by BassApprentice

I had a 5 string short scale messinger, and that didn't get farty even on the B, that was with newtone strings.

• Like 1

Think this bass has some Daddario Stainless Steels on it so it could just be the tension of those is quite low. Apart from that I can't fault it. Great variety of tones and makes you feel like a wizard 🧙‍♂️ 

Bo is quickly becoming one of my favourite players. Always so tasteful!

• Like 1