Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

31 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

What with our exchange rates tanking with brexit and all, I am guessing they will start to get a bit less common here!

I was thinking the same thing, but then I look at say a well specced Elwood or Jake price & they could still come under the price of a Fender Jazz/Precision Elite. I know i’d rather have a Maruszczyk given a choice of the two. Time will tell on Brexit, exchange rates & pricing, but if the £ falls further it’s obviously going to effect all foreign made brands anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Wilco said:

I was thinking the same thing, but then I look at say a well specced Elwood or Jake price & they could still come under the price of a Fender Jazz/Precision Elite. I know i’d rather have a Maruszczyk given a choice of the two. 

Well, Yes, me too but I wouldn't pick a fender in the first place. however, if I was the type to pick a fender, I would assume they have a better second hand sale value.

On 18/12/2018 at 18:17, Woodinblack said:

however, if I was the type to pick a fender, I would assume they have a better second hand sale value.

Yes, agreed. Better instrument depreciates faster - go figure.

Saying that, I think a stronger used value is a particular strength of a Fender instrument vs pretty much any other brand.

Maruszczyk’s are on a par or better with most others i’d say. Sandberg’s are a good comparison & their used prices are comparable.

Given how good my SGC’s are & how little I paid for them, I gave up trying to understand the used bass market ages ago! 🤷‍♂️😂

Edited by Wilco

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, pierreganseman said:

Just a way to standardise production and save time-----> money.

cheers

Seems an odd compromise to make though (given the many many colours and pick up combos) - surely lots of J players want 38mm..? or maybe not? 

17 minutes ago, Drax said:

Seems an odd compromise to make though (given the many many colours and pick up combos) - surely lots of J players want 38mm..? or maybe not? 

Yes. Of course .... up until recently Maruszczyk was doing probably... 30% / 40% Custom shop instruments and 70% of Standard basses (all with 40mm in order to save time and money i guess) 

Now the Balance has shifted to probably 90% custom shop basses (around that). Which on request they can build you 38 or 40 or 42 even I guess. Always could do it. 

• Thanks 1

On 31/12/2018 at 14:31, edstraker123 said:

I so wanted that one too Mike ! -can't wait to hear your thoughts on it when you get it.

Arrived today - and I absolutely love it!  It's a 2018 custom and I can't fault a single thing about it.  The build quality is breath-takingly good.  Nice to be the proud owner of one of Adrian's 'M' brands again.

IMG-0059-thumb-jpg-df8b149491982ec831bfc

12748632-Zrzutekranu2018-12-11o20-33-15-

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

Arrived today - and I absolutely love it!  It's a 2018 custom and I can't fault a single thing about it.  The build quality is breath-takingly good.  Nice to be the proud owner of one of Adrian's 'M' brands again.

IMG-0059-thumb-jpg-df8b149491982ec831bfc

12748632-Zrzutekranu2018-12-11o20-33-15-

That is stunning, 

1 hour ago, scrumpymike said:

Really glad it arrived safely and was as good in the flesh as it looks in the pictures. Enjoy !!!!!

2 hours ago, ezbass said:

That's one of the best looking Frog sixers I've seen. Someone is going to be very happy indeed.

One happy customer indeed 😀! Especially with Pierre's excellent service.

Edited by SamBa
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...