Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

20 hours ago, pierreganseman said:

black gloss on maple

It certainly is, and it plays fantastically. Looks bl**dy awesome too. No end of people keep asking me where I got it from! :)

May have been slightly inspired by Paul Turner's gorgeous Stenback bass... 

On 02/08/2018 at 19:30, pierreganseman said:

my own frog

IMG_0909.JPG

I can't believe you got away with this picture without any further questions!

Firstly, its bloody gorgeous!

Secondly, let's hear the specs mate, woods, electronics, scale etcs.

Finally, some sound samples or even video would be awesome.

Congratulations on a very sexy bass 😎

Eude

4 hours ago, eude said:

I can't believe you got away with this picture without any further questions!

Firstly, its bloody gorgeous!

Secondly, let's hear the specs mate, woods, electronics, scale etcs.

Finally, some sound samples or even video would be awesome.

Congratulations on a very sexy bass 😎

Eude

Hi , 

.... hmmmmmmmm.....

34 , Walnut body , Ebony Board , Maple neck. 

Bassculture 38hb 

the only reason i chose those pickups is cause my frog 5 has bassculture 48hb and i'm more than happy with the sound of it ..... not really anything more than that. 

• Like 1

So...Maruszczyk owners! A few questions... I'm looking for the dream 5 string P/J, and was wondering if 1. There happened to be any Maruszczyk owners living in my neck of the woods (Devon/Dorset) who might let me play one, and also for those who bought new if you all went through public-peace, who seem to be the main site for the brand? Whats the general build time?

I am at the top of dorset, bottom of somerset on the A37. I have an Elwood 5 string P/J, effectively an Elwood L24, although not called that, its chambered, ultralight tuners, 3/2 headstock although if you are a fender man you probably wouldn't find it that comfortable as it has an ibanez neck profile and spacing so it would be a very thin narrow neck for you (with tighter string spacing). 

But you are welcome to try

I got mine on Page 57 of this thread, a bit over a year and a half ago, it took 7 weeks at the time, although it has got a bit longer recently according to recent posts

20 minutes ago, knicknack said:

So...Maruszczyk owners! A few questions... I'm looking for the dream 5 string P/J, and was wondering if 1. There happened to be any Maruszczyk owners living in my neck of the woods (Devon/Dorset) who might let me play one, and also for those who bought new if you all went through public-peace, who seem to be the main site for the brand? Whats the general build time?

Public-Peace is their site indeed. Build time is now roughly 15 weeks. 

So I've managed to get a hold of a lovely Jake, courtesy of another Baaschatter, and I fancy changing the scratchplate. Anyone have any joy sourcing one? I wrote to  the <info at public-peace.de> address a couple of times to ask but got no response. Is there a better email address to use? Any ideas other than just getting one custom made? 

Edited by dmckee

28 minutes ago, dmckee said:

So I've managed to get a hold of a lovely Jake, courtesy of another Baaschatter, and I fancy changing the scratchplate. Anyone have any joy sourcing one? I wrote to [email protected] and asked but got no response. Is there abetter email address to use? Any ideas other than just getting one custom made? 

I’d suggest going custom made. When I bought my 5 string Elwood used, overall the bass was in excellent condition but the scratch plate, doing its job, was more scratched than I would’ve liked. I ordered another one from Adrian, but there was a gap where the scratch plate met the top edge of the neck with the replacement. Only a small one, but noticeable.

Being a handmade, it was probably just a manufacturing tolerance & Adrian took the new scratch plate back & gave me a refund.

After a bit of research, I got SiMs Custom shop on the case. They have a 3D scanner of some description, so I sent my original scratch plate to them which they scanned & then manufactured a dimensionally exact copy which was a perfect snug fit.

It wasn’t cheap £50 or so, but I was very impressed with what they did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wilco said:

After a bit of research, I got SiMs Custom shop on the case. They have a 3D scanner of some description, so I sent my original scratch plate to them which they scanned & then manufactured a dimensionally exact copy which was a perfect snug fit.

I have to say, on this note, Martin Sims (of SIMS Custom Shop & Enfield Basses) is excellent. Nothing he does is particularly cheap cost-wise but the quality of the end product really reflects this - it’s top notch.

13 hours ago, dmckee said:

So I've managed to get a hold of a lovely Jake, courtesy of another Baaschatter, and I fancy changing the scratchplate. Anyone have any joy sourcing one? I wrote to  the <info at public-peace.de> address a couple of times to ask but got no response. Is there a better email address to use? Any ideas other than just getting one custom made? 

I had a replacement one for my first Jake... from Maruszczyk. But it wasn't particularly cheap either, so if they don't reply, you might as well use another company in the UK that do custom scratchplates. I used SIMS a couple of times and they both did a good job and communicated promptly and nicely. 

14 hours ago, dmckee said:

definitely Sims custom shop. i've had pickguards done for old greco's etc.... stellar work