Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

41 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

String  holders...?

The string anchors, next to the bridge, not sure if they are hole throughs or just things to hold the strings, but they aren't quite in a line, and they don't seem to have a pattern to them.

OK, now I have gone to their page and seen that they are string anchors and yes they are like that, so they get closer to the bridge B-E-A, then the D is at the same level as the A, then the G goes further away again.

jokerbassbody200x1500.jpg.599b4668dc1c807e06ae6e65921ee053.jpg

Seems an odd choice, but I guess as we know with the 'what bugs you' thread, we are all a bit different on what we like (and I think the basses look rather lovely).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eude said:

Nice.

What's the specs?

Eude

- Mahogany Body (Hollowbody) with flamed Maple Top, Olive Green Burst, cream Bindings on Body, f-Holes and Headstock, matte Finish, 34" Longscale

- roasted flamed Maple neck and Fretboard, Zerofret, 24 Frets, Nutwidth 45mm, Fingerboard Radius 14"

- passive Electonics, Vol, Bal, Tone, Bassculture 38HB5 Open Humbucker with Wood Cover matching Colour, each HB switchable: series, parallel, Single Coil

- ETS Bridge and Knobs, Hipshot Ultralight Tuner 1/2", Flatwounds, 18mm Stringspacing

I wanted a bass that fits in our acoustic band, but didn't wanted a real acoustic bass, so i came to this.... :) I did not had the Joker Bass on my mind. A friend of mine created one on the Configurator and i liked it alot. I love it for its more or less own Design/Shape.

Edited by AREA
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AREA said:

- Mahogany Body (Hollowbody) with flamed Maple Top, Olive Green Burst, cream Bindings on Body, f-Holes and Headstock, matte Finish, 34" Longscale

- roasted flamed Maple neck and Fretboard, Zerofret, 24 Frets, Nutwidth 45mm, Fingerboard Radius 14"

- passive Electonics, Vol, Bal, Tone, Bassculture 38HB5 Open Humbucker with Wood Cover matching Colour, each HB switchable: series, parallel, Single Coil

- ETS Bridge and Knobs, Hipshot Ultralight Tuner 1/2", Flatwounds, 18mm Stringspacing

I wanted a bass that fits in our acoustic band, but didn't wanted a real acoustic bass, so i came to this.... :) I did not had the Joker Bass on my mind. A friend of mine created one on the Configurator and i liked it alot. I love it for its more or less own Design/Shape.

Really nice specs dude. Have you got an ETA? I expect it's a more complex build than the usual basses they make.

Eude

7 hours ago, eude said:

Really nice specs dude. Have you got an ETA? I expect it's a more complex build than the usual basses they make.

Eude

I calculate about 12 weeks. I live near Adrian. About 35km or 22miles. I'm going to visit him next Wednesday. A friend had a bass built for her there and we are going to pick it up together. To be honest, until recently I wouldn't have even thought I'd buy a bass like that, but it's good to be married to the best wife and fortunately I can. 🥰

Do you know this Video? Mensinger Factory Tour

Edited by AREA
  • Like 2

Hi there,

today i went to Adrian. Kind Regards from him to you all   🙋‍♂️...We've had a nice Talk and I've had the opportunity to choose a flamed Maple top for my Joker Bass.

Pic 1 is made by me a few Hours ago. On Pic 2 wich is from Adrian, you can see the Woodgrain better.

20201118-PB180011.jpg

fm_9n.jpg

Edited by AREA
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, YuryReon said:

Hi guys!
I want to order a Maruszczyk Jake P bass.
What kind of pickups would you recommend if I like a punchy, tight, crispy and powerful/loud classic p bass tone?

41 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

The stock Maruszczyk pickups.

+1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

So with the new charges and courier implications of the trade deal - are Maruszczyk still "good value" for custom instruments? 

I appreciate they were a bargain a few years ago but will these new fees push them into other builder territory? 

Before b*xit they had gone up quite a bit anyway, so with the exchange rate and all, they were already a lot more expensive than they were in 2016, before any vat or import duties.

Looking now a standard elwood (jazz) costs more than a standard Shuker J (jazz) bass, and owning instruments from both of them, although I really like my Maruszcyk, quality wise that is the wrong way round. Haven't looked at what it is like when you get to the configurator, both of them go up a lot when you start adding stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

Before b*xit they had gone up quite a bit anyway, so with the exchange rate and all, they were already a lot more expensive than they were in 2016, before any vat or import duties.

Looking now a standard elwood (jazz) costs more than a standard Shuker J (jazz) bass, and owning instruments from both of them, although I really like my Maruszcyk, quality wise that is the wrong way round. Haven't looked at what it is like when you get to the configurator, both of them go up a lot when you start adding stuff.

Yup, they stopped being a bargain before Brex*hit, and for the money back then, I would have been absolutely looking at a full custom from a UK builder like ACG or Shuker instead.
If Brex*hit makes the prices even higher, I think there might be less of these coming into the UK.

Eude

15 hours ago, Ian McFly said:

I asked Adrian, and he confirmed that they'd (logically) remove VAT for any order for the UK, which means you'd pay VAT upon receipt. Plus shipping for UK is now 20/30 euros.

Anything else would have surprised me. You pay the british import sales tax, not the 19% german VAT. In this case, customs should not be charged additionally, or am i wrong?

by the Way...10 Weeks passed today..."Patience level: falling"

🙃