Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

6 hours ago, Paul S said:

No sofa pic yet but apparently mine is finished and on the next pallet in 2 weeks time.  Its been a punishing 16 weeks!

I'm just coming up to 12 weeks now and really looking forward to the day when the sofa shot email arrives. I sold my Elwood L this week and it was a real wrench but I'm happy that it's incoming replacement will be every bit as good as my old one. 

18 hours ago, Paul S said:

No sofa pic yet but apparently mine is finished and on the next pallet in 2 weeks time.  Its been a punishing 16 weeks!

11 hours ago, mrtcat said:

I'm just coming up to 12 weeks now and really looking forward to the day when the sofa shot email arrives. I sold my Elwood L this week and it was a real wrench but I'm happy that it's incoming replacement will be every bit as good as my old one. 

I'm looking forward to the NBD posts! 😄

On 31/01/2018 at 18:31, ezbass said:

Looks like it’s been relisted

Now up for £1295 from it's original listing of £950...!?!

Also listed as an Elwood, not a Jake....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132489472497

Methinks seller is a bellend!

Edited by Wilco
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Wilco said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132489472497

He upped the RRP to £1700 from around £1300 too, to justify the hike.

I imagine it'll be there a while. Nice bass 'though!

On 06/02/2018 at 23:12, Wilco said:

Now back up at £950! Seems the seller saw the error of his/her ways.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Paul S said:

And I've just had the sofa pic of mine!!!

IMG_2101.thumb.jpg.c85f0ed45a7e6b0cc5cffa1269124995.jpg

That's lovely. Looks like a great spec level too. I'm at 15 and a half weeks now and not heard a peep so hoping it won't be too much longer. My last one only took 7 weeks so clearly their business is growing nicely.

47 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Indeed - by the time it arrives it would have been heading towards 20 weeks.  Still, not long to wait now before it is in my grubby mitts :)

You're in trouble. I have a Beautiful Elwood L5, which I adored. So much so that I thought a Jake 5 would be useful for backup and thumpier stuff... can't remember the last time the Elwood left the house now, must be over a year... that bloody Jake is an addiction.  

Edited by NickD
Typo

16 hours ago, mrtcat said:

That's lovely. Looks like a great spec level too. I'm at 15 and a half weeks now and not heard a peep so hoping it won't be too much longer. My last one only took 7 weeks so clearly their business is growing nicely.

Hi , 

i started working with Adrian about 2 years ago and the lead time for a custom bass was around 8/10 weeks (roughly). Its now up to 16/20 I guess (if you keep in mind those are made to order only , so delays can happen i suppose. That's just the way it goes....). And prices have gone up to kinda control demand (even if Adrian is not about money, he told me he would never  build a 5k JB). Factory has recently expanded to be able to use all machines at all times (in previous place while X was using machin Z, Y couldn't use machine B) and keep up with orders.

1st time i went to Public peace (about 2 years ago too i suppose) it was literally FILLED UP with basses. My DREAM place to be ....probably about 500... not sure. 

Well its now getting emptier and emptier. Every time we go there's less ... (im about 90 minutes away i guess) ...

starting from 4 instruments in 2005.... proof with patience ... anything can be done. 

4 instruments , 3 luthiers , a Factory about to go under... 

13/15 years later there's around 450 custom bass per year (600 total , around that) and about 14 luthiers full time...

Amazing success story and i got so much respect for the boss for that....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pierreganseman said:

Hi , 

i started working with Adrian about 2 years ago and the lead time for a custom bass was around 8/10 weeks (roughly). Its now up to 16/20 I guess (if you keep in mind those are made to order only , so delays can happen i suppose. That's just the way it goes....). And prices have gone up to kinda control demand (even if Adrian is not about money, he told me he would never  build a 5k JB). Factory has recently expanded to be able to use all machines at all times (in previous place while X was using machin Z, Y couldn't use machine B) and keep up with orders.

1st time i went to Public peace (about 2 years ago too i suppose) it was literally FILLED UP with basses. My DREAM place to be ....probably about 500... not sure. 

Well its now getting emptier and emptier. Every time we go there's less ... (im about 90 minutes away i guess) ...

starting from 4 instruments in 2005.... proof with patience ... anything can be done. 

4 instruments , 3 luthiers , a Factory about to go under... 

13/15 years later there's around 450 custom bass per year (600 total , around that) and about 14 luthiers full time...

Amazing success story and i got so much respect for the boss for that....

Awesome testament to his work ethic and success, nice!

I have about 5 or 6 Elwoods specced oh my phone, just trying to decide which way to go with it now. A classic (eg white/tort) or a bit different (that would be telling!). Once I’ve played some at the London Bass Show next week I’ll be closer to a decision :)