Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

That's strange, was it something you specified?

IIRC someone in this thread had was advised string trees would be fitted as the neck was made out a wood that didn't lend itself to being angled (maybe it messed up the figuring or something), but I thought they all were as standard, both mine are.

8 minutes ago, NickD said:

That's strange, was it something you specified?

IIRC someone in this thread had was advised string trees would be fitted as the neck was made out a wood that didn't lend itself to being angled (maybe it messed up the figuring or something), but I thought they all were as standard, both mine are.

Both my Elwood's are angled back too. Thought that was a standard feature.

11 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

30F22FAF-EC6F-4746-8C6E-4A1D83CC963A.thumb.jpeg.a7cbb00542459f218d3d3341135eff69.jpeg

I didn’t specify anything to do with the head apart from the colour, the 3+2 and the ultralights. And the wood. Ok, maybe I specified quite a bit, but nothing about angles!

Hmm.. that's pretty straight.

Most Jakes have a substantial rake back. My Green Valley Jake doesn't, as it has a flame headstock... so it has a string tree.

1 minute ago, wateroftyne said:

Ah - that'll be why, then. I guess they must be confident that enough winds on the tree will do the job..?

I'm not gonna answer for them but i've seen drastic differences in "buzzing" (usually on open strings) with more winding. I'd personally advise the full lengh of the peg , or about 3 turns + .... and then wonder about the rest (string tree or whatever, even if that's too a very small fix either way)

On 12/15/2017 at 10:33, wateroftyne said:

As y'all know, I love these basses.

I do think they should come with a sticker to warn of the reverse truss, mind.

Indeed... it got me very confused on my first one, someone less cautious than me might have created some damage!

Just joined this club... although still waiting for my Elwood to arrive!  Would have preferred a passive model, but this one was available at a very good price, so daft not to! :)

It had a 2-band Glockenklang preamp, but I like a bit more control over my mids so I asked if it could be swapped for a 3-band. For an extra 50 euros, a 3-band Delano pre was installed (which will hopefully pair well with the Delano pickups) B|

elw110229 (1).jpg

Edited by Conan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Conan said:

Just joined this club... although still waiting for my Elwood to arrive!  Would have preferred a passive model, but this one was available at a very good price, so daft not to! :)

It had a 2-band Glockenklang preamp, but I like a bit more control over my mids so I asked if it could be swapped for a 3-band. For an extra 50 euros, a 3-band Delano pre was installed (which will hopefully pair well with the Delano pickups) B|

elw110229 (1).jpg

Ooh, nice. That is a very smart looking bass. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Conan said:

elw110229 (1).jpg

This is very similar to one of the (many) I am contemplating next year! Very nice sir, great Christmas present to yourself 👍🏻

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

playing the Maruszczyk today lets me know that the relief needs to be brought down a bit, it is way to high.

So am I reading that the truss rod in these is backwards, and if so, can someone remind me (or tell me), looking down on the bass with the neck pointing away from me and the hole at the bottom on the neck pointing at me, which way do I need to turn the allen key to reduce the relief (ie, tighten the neck).

27 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

playing the Maruszczyk today lets me know that the relief needs to be brought down a bit, it is way to high.

So am I reading that the truss rod in these is backwards, and if so, can someone remind me (or tell me), looking down on the bass with the neck pointing away from me and the hole at the bottom on the neck pointing at me, which way do I need to turn the allen key to reduce the relief (ie, tighten the neck).

You need to go anti clockwise.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

I had the pleasure of playing that very bass at BassDirect last year. It was a thing of great beauty!

I was eyeing it up from afar, but didn't have the cash at the time. No surprise that it's been sold now!