Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1478467037' post='3169277']
Can't be long now. Tell you, the wait after the sofa shot seems long too as you are almost there!
[/quote]

Yeah, I hope it doesn't get delayed like my first one did!

I don't mind though, looking forward to it!

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1478598336' post='3170103']
Just had a look at the 'Special Offers' section on the PP website. There's a lot of lovely basses on there at bargain prices as low as Euro550 for an ex-demo Pike 4p. Luckily for me (i.e. for my bank balance and marriage), there's no short-scale stuff!!
[/quote]There are some Mesinger guitar bargains too, a 'Flying V' for €550 IIRC. A mental price for a hand made axe and given the current quality of Gibson guitars, a double bargain.

Couldn't resist helping myself to the red burst Jake P+JJ, even though I already had the gold finish custom P+JJ. Comparing the two I must say the custom one (gold) sounds a bit more organic thanks to the chambered body (extra resonance) and the ultralight machineheads make the neck balance better. This is the lightest precision I ever played. I've also changed the silver knobs and pickguard screws to black, which in my opinion looks better. The red-burst's sound is a bit more compressed (which is not necessary bad thing) and in my opinion looks stunning. No compromise on build quality in ether one.

Edited by shemeckfrac

OK, so I've had a flash of inspiration for a M custom that would be just perfect for me - don't know why I've only just thought of it. My absolute favourite bass is my Fender Rascal, but it's regrettably up for sale being just too heavy for long sets with my dodgy neck/shoulder. What I love about the Rascal is the unique pup/control configuration using 3 'lipstick' pups, a Strat-style 5-position slide selector switch, and a stacked tone pot. With the stack knob down your switching options are: 1) neck pup; 2) neck + mid; 3) mid; 4) mid + bridge; 5) bridge. Pull on the knob (!?) and the first 2 switch positions change to neck + bridge, and all 3 pups. I think this set-up is brilliant as it's quick and intuitive and gives you instant access to a whole range of different sounds without having to fiddle with tone and vol pot's. OK, so the idea is to ask Adrian to quote me for a s-s build based on the Elwood C with the same or equivalent pups/controls as the Rascal and lightweight construction around 3.5kg. Communicating with Adrian in English can be a bit tricky so I want to gather a bit more info first. Can anybody give me the correct generic description of the pups, switches etc Fender use on the Rascal and are the Fender or equivalent items readily available off the shelf? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing these things are not just picked from the Strat parts bin.

Final question for pierreganseman: do you think Adrian would take this on?

[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1479203420' post='3174657']
OK, so I've had a flash of inspiration for a M custom that would be just perfect for me - don't know why I've only just thought of it. My absolute favourite bass is my Fender Rascal, but it's regrettably up for sale being just too heavy for long sets with my dodgy neck/shoulder. What I love about the Rascal is the unique pup/control configuration using 3 'lipstick' pups, a Strat-style 5-position slide selector switch, and a stacked tone pot. With the stack knob down your switching options are: 1) neck pup; 2) neck + mid; 3) mid; 4) mid + bridge; 5) bridge. Pull on the knob (!?) and the first 2 switch positions change to neck + bridge, and all 3 pups. I think this set-up is brilliant as it's quick and intuitive and gives you instant access to a whole range of different sounds without having to fiddle with tone and vol pot's. OK, so the idea is to ask Adrian to quote me for a s-s build based on the Elwood C with the same or equivalent pups/controls as the Rascal and lightweight construction around 3.5kg. Communicating with Adrian in English can be a bit tricky so I want to gather a bit more info first. Can anybody give me the correct generic description of the pups, switches etc Fender use on the Rascal and are the Fender or equivalent items readily available off the shelf? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing these things are not just picked from the Strat parts bin.

Final question for pierreganseman: do you think Adrian would take this on?
[/quote]

waaaaw :-) ! I would make VERY clear what you want , as you've mentioned while he manages to get his point accross , his english is still kinda "broken" here and there. So make very crystal clear .... that's the main thing i would say.

As for the rest , i suppose so yes ! lol , i've seen some of his basses with 3 pickups out there , so why not....

but in the end , i don't know... the only thing he told me he wouldn't do is custom shape... ever ... all the rest he answered "no problem"

Thanks p'g'man - that's what I thought/hoped you would say. At least I now know he has done triple-pup versions. Ideally I would like the lipstick pups (they look/sound so cool) but, if that wasn't possible, I would accept his nearest equivalent stock pup - which only leaves the 5-switch electrics as potentially non-M-standard.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1479304620' post='3175461']
^^^ Agreed - top chap.

The mind boggles as to how busy he must be at any given time.
[/quote]

answer is he never really stops .... when its not X its Y ....

i regularly get shipments from him, and shipping label is always created at dumb time like 1 am or 5.30 ... 11PM ... or whatever....