Why become a member? ×

Superstition descending horn part

Lifer

[quote name='Lifer' timestamp='1422377412' post='2671881']
Now that's a good idea! I'm having a crack at the Major's theory lessons first but will be scouring ebay if that fails.
[/quote]
Brought to you by Good Ideas R Us. :)

I've gone right back to the beginning, I'm pretending that I am eight years old again, and I have obtained Grade 1 and 2 piano scales exercise books. Just a few minutes at a time, several times a day. It was a particular pleasure when something sorted itself out in my brain and I was suddenly able to play different scales in parallel without having tried to do that... I do enjoy French horn or cello in F or G in one hand while I play clarinet/oboe/violin C in the other.

Edited by Michael J

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1422351095' post='2671385']
This article doesn't talk about the key but it's a fascinating insight into the recording of the original.

Also a great excuse for your keys player to use when he says that Stevie's clavinet part is impossible to play properly live :)

http://homerecording.about.com/od/mixingyourmusic/a/mixing_superstition.htm
[/quote]

That's fantastic, thank you. Have written this tune out for several bands but those horns, man, perfection!