Why become a member? ×

Ibaneeezes

Faithless

[quote name='MuseMatt' post='825880' date='May 2 2010, 08:57 PM']I feel like replacing the pickup for either an SPB-1 or SPB-3, replacing the pots because they're quite old (not the covers though) and a new bridge too, possibly badass II
Not sure whether to sand off the body and re-lacquer it. It's quite damaged as you can see in the added picture. I will definitely stay with the colours (eg: not painting it).[/quote]
If it was a Fender of the same age & condition (which looks excellent to me) would you still want to do these things? Vintage Japanese basses are getting more & more sought-after & collectable - particularly Ibanez.

I really wouldn't do [i]any[/i] irreversible mods.

J.

[quote name='MuseMatt' post='831433' date='May 8 2010, 01:54 PM'](mkay, doublepost..)

It's saved :rolleyes: I got me a nice Sandberg Precision and treated the Ibby to a set of new strings to make up for threatening it (A)[/quote]
Nice one! It'll love you long time now! :)

J.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, this is my first post here :)

Here's my BTB675.
It's a very nice bass, very comfortable and easy to play, with a slim and fast neck.
I find it quite versatile, but not enough "rock" for my taste,so now i am in GAS for an ATK 305 :rolleyes:

Edited by ilmaio

I love my Ibby SR506 so far! First 6string, got it about a month ago from The Gallery. I was looking at maybe buying the Tim Landers sig Peavey they had, but I thought I may as well try it, thinking "Well if it's near as good, then I'll buy this, save myself £250 or so" boy was I shocked to hear an feel just how superior it was, lol. So yea, 100% Ibby fan now! I used to bitch about Ibanez cos my first practice amp's an Ibanez, an it was/still is the worse practice amp I've ever heard!

Anywho, there was a couple of questions I wanted to ask you basschatters about, an I figure here's best since there's bound to be a fair few who own the same bass as me! Ok, so basically, I'm finding that whenever I play, the strings I'm not playing seem to cause a fair bit of noise....sympathizing frequencies? I'm not sure what the technical term is...Either way, I heard that the mono-rail bridges can help sort this problem out. I know it's probably mainly my technique that needs improving, but I'd really rather work on other things like getting 3finger plucking and tapping.
Also, my G buzzes like crazy when I play it open, from the 1st up it's fine, so clearly it's hitting the 1st fret...Is this a nut problem? Cos if buzzes a LOT more than the C or D, which do buzz a little (I need to tweak the truss rod a bit, haven't round to it cos it's my first time doing so, an knowing me I'll probably break it)...

Thanks for any advice you guys've got for me! funnily enough, despite these annoyances, I still much prefer my ibby to my LTD!

[quote name='SignsOfDelirium_bassist' post='863678' date='Jun 10 2010, 08:27 PM']I love my Ibby SR506 so far! First 6string, got it about a month ago from The Gallery. I was looking at maybe buying the Tim Landers sig Peavey they had, but I thought I may as well try it, thinking "Well if it's near as good, then I'll buy this, save myself £250 or so" boy was I shocked to hear an feel just how superior it was, lol. So yea, 100% Ibby fan now! I used to bitch about Ibanez cos my first practice amp's an Ibanez, an it was/still is the worse practice amp I've ever heard!

Anywho, there was a couple of questions I wanted to ask you basschatters about, an I figure here's best since there's bound to be a fair few who own the same bass as me! Ok, so basically, I'm finding that whenever I play, the strings I'm not playing seem to cause a fair bit of noise....sympathizing frequencies? I'm not sure what the technical term is...Either way, I heard that the mono-rail bridges can help sort this problem out. I know it's probably mainly my technique that needs improving, but I'd really rather work on other things like getting 3finger plucking and tapping.
Also, my G buzzes like crazy when I play it open, from the 1st up it's fine, so clearly it's hitting the 1st fret...Is this a nut problem? Cos if buzzes a LOT more than the C or D, which do buzz a little (I need to tweak the truss rod a bit, haven't round to it cos it's my first time doing so, an knowing me I'll probably break it)...

Thanks for any advice you guys've got for me! funnily enough, despite these annoyances, I still much prefer my ibby to my LTD![/quote]

Are you located to be able to visit The Gallery for a checkup? They have a good reputation for quality service so I'd hope they'd do one for free.

Saw the thread so, here you go....

My Ibanez SRX08ltd. Meant to be one of their special edition ones or something (if anyone can shed any more light on that I'd be grateful). I've actually got it up for sale, but only because I prefer my yamaha's p +j pickups.

Pictures:
[attachment=52277:P1000606.JPG]

[attachment=52278:P1000607.JPG]

[attachment=52279:P1000608.JPG]

Well, I sorted out the problem with my fuzzy strings...after I put new strings on them, they were still buzzing a bit (But not as much???), so I put some tiny bits of rizla packets inbetween the string and the nut, to raise the string up a little, an it's worked fine! Hasn't made the 1st frets that much harder to play either...I'm going to have to lower the D a bit though, cos I'm finding it a lot more difficult than usual to intonate it

Loving the colour of that SDGR300 marvin!

Edited by SignsOfDelirium_bassist

[quote name='ilmaio' post='863015' date='Jun 10 2010, 10:22 AM']Hi all, this is my first post here :)

Here's my BTB675.
It's a very nice bass, very comfortable and easy to play, with a slim and fast neck.
I find it quite versatile, but not enough "rock" for my taste,so now i am in GAS for an ATK 305 :rolleyes:[/quote]

I have the BTB556QM and also found what you said, very comfortable and easy to play, but just doesnt have a big enough attack or girth to the tone to cut it, it's quite flat and natural.

The ATK has got huge wallops of what your looking for though so I think you'll be happy.
I was gonna get one, but then I bought an Ibanez RD505 off of Geoff on here and was well happy with it.
It's what they made to replace it, then within a very short time, decided to make the ATK again and discontinued the RD...

[quote name='SignsOfDelirium_bassist' post='868552' date='Jun 15 2010, 10:46 PM']Loving the colour of that SDGR300 marvin![/quote]

Cheers mate. I must admit to begin with I didn't want the red, I actually wanted the sparkle blue with maple neck, but I couldn't find one. But know I wouldn't change anything about it now, it's a great bass in all respects.

[quote name='CraigPlaysBass' post='867814' date='Jun 15 2010, 10:24 AM']Saw the thread so, here you go....

My Ibanez SRX08ltd. Meant to be one of their special edition ones or something (if anyone can shed any more light on that I'd be grateful). I've actually got it up for sale, but only because I prefer my yamaha's p +j pickups.[/quote]

Checked these out some months ago. They're basically a 2008 model to the same spec as the SRX360/430 with gold hardware and beautiful body etching. Limited distribution, but I think Nevada Music in Portsmouth were stocking them.

Balcro.

[quote name='Balcro' post='869564' date='Jun 16 2010, 11:11 PM']Checked these out some months ago. They're basically a 2008 model to the same spec as the SRX360/430 with gold hardware and beautiful body etching. Limited distribution, but I think Nevada Music in Portsmouth were stocking them.

Balcro.[/quote]

Ah cheers :rolleyes:

Hopefully someone on ebay will like it as thats where its going :)

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='260235' date='Aug 11 2008, 06:53 PM']Ha ha! I get to post on this one as well as the Vigier one!

SRX700. Plays like a dream. Little bit rough and ready sonically, but that's what they had in mind. Think G&L L2000 or ASAT, and you're not far off.[/quote]
How much for new one?

• 4 weeks later...

My SR1206 finally arrived! Here is a pic of my SR1205 and SR1206.

Both basses are made of the same woods. The 5er had very poor electronics, so I pulled out everything and put in EMGs and an EMG preamp. The 6er is better, but I am going to put in the same pickups and preamp as the 5er so I can keep a consistent sound. The cheap bridge on the 5er has started to bend, but the 6er's bridge is really bent and will be replaced and upgraded with an ABM.

I feel blessed to have a pair like these. I like how the 6er - which only arrived yesterday - automatically feels familiar in my hands. It isn't as pretty as my 5er (and thus was given a more tinted finish), but I am over-the-moon happy with it!

Hopefully Ibanez will reissue these mid-90s basses. The new SRT range is not quite the same!

• 9 months later...

[quote name='geilerbass' post='261052' date='Aug 12 2008, 06:51 PM']Completely forgot about this one... the SR7005MH-OL.

Very similar to the SR5005, but possibly a custom model? I would commit horrific acts to get my hands on one of these. More photos here...

[url="http://www.ibanezregister.com/Gallery/basses/j-custom/gal-sr7005mh.htm"]SR7005[/url][/quote]

Hello guys! Where can i get info about this bass (sr7005)? How many pieces were made?
What was the production year?
What type of woods used?
How much does it cost (value) ?

I`ve alredy sent some emails to Ibanez,but they keep silence.

Many thanks!

Edited by Mihales