Why become a member? ×

What pedals out there are Boss OC2 clones?

Wooks79

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1422131921' post='2669145']
Firstly, do you mean actual clones, or pedals that are designed to try and get that sound?
[/quote]

Mainly actual clones, I have a couple of OC2's and that's what I use, but wondered if there was anything that would give me teh very same sound, but with more options and extras to fiddle with?

Not really.
A few people have cloned it as one-offs, but not added features. There's a few 'synth' mods you can make to it.
The afformentioned 3Leaf Octavbre gets about 90% of the way there I think, with the synthy direct-less setting on another footswitch,
I've not tried the Octavbre, but videos to me sound a little less subby than the OC-2

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1422134939' post='2669187']
Not really.
A few people have cloned it as one-offs, but not added features. There's a few 'synth' mods you can make to it.
The afformentioned 3Leaf Octavbre gets about 90% of the way there I think, with the synthy direct-less setting on another footswitch,
I've not tried the Octavbre, but videos to me sound a little less subby than the OC-2

Si
[/quote]

I've tried it, and sent it back. It sounds nice, less subby as you describe. But it tracked very, very poorly with my p-bass. Where my OC-2 produces full, steady tones, the octabvre was very glitchy and unpredictable.
I was very disappointed, because I really like the idea of a switch to solo the sub.

[quote name='paulo m' timestamp='1422777508' post='2676586']
There is a immaculate first year production Oc2 on E Bay..Now!!! its in japan but nothing sounds like them..& worth the dosh...I.M.O
[/quote]

Ooof, that is mint!!
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271744304686

If I was still in my OC-2 buying phase, that'd be a catch :D. I'm down to four though!

Si

• 2 weeks later...