Why become a member? ×

New Fenders

theyellowcar

[quote name='Biaeothanata-Bassist' timestamp='1421958610' post='2667197']
Ahhh sh*t, I can't believe they've actually done Bomber's bass in the proper West Ham colours. I wish they would do one with out the West Ham crest and just have the pin striping.
Leeds fan through and through but I think i'm going to have to buy that...
[/quote]

I've been thinking for months about getting a used white Mex and asking Guitar Angel to do me one with Newcastle badge and stripes,
then Fender do this!!!!!!!

[url="http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/21951-fender-unveils-geddy-lee-and-steve-harris-signature-basses"]http://www.premiergu...ignature-basses[/url]

Update, Feb 17 probably just the States. UK later no doubt. Found one ad, looks about £950 street price. Bit high for a Mex, despite the extra bits.

Who is taking the orders :lol: :lol:

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1421962153' post='2667264']

I'm trying to work out what the Journeyman P's have that previous CS P's haven't...?
[/quote]

Yeah. I was a little disappointed as even though they look great, it's more Relics for 2015!

The Precision is a 59 but with a 60's shape neck, rather then the regular big 59 neck, so you can get an anodised guard but C shape oval neck. I guess the faded 3 tone SB is to again give it that 50's 2 tone SB look but 60's feel. The Jazz has special designed pickups to match the style of the first ones. What is also cool is that the necks seem heavily Reliced to feel worn in but the finishes aren't too Reliced, like a cross between a Closet Classic and Relic? They are the differences that jumped out to me,

The Ltd Ed 55 Precision looks great. Available in dirty white too.....Clarky, if you're reading this, look out!

Edited by Chiliwailer

I'm disappointed that there's nothing in my favourite colours (greens and blues with mample fingerboards), but pleased too 'cause it means I don't have GAS.

Please Fender, a Mex or Squire Jag (with twin HBs) in Surf Green with a maple fingerboard and white pick-guard. That would be an immediate sale.

P

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1421994641' post='2667461'] The Ltd Ed 55 Precision looks great. Available in dirty white too.....Clarky, if you're reading this, look out! [/quote]
Thanks, CW - I am reading and am potentially interested but I suspect the CS price will be prohibitive - bet it comes out at £2.5-3k

[quote name='philw' timestamp='1421997909' post='2667471']
I'm disappointed that there's nothing in my favourite colours (greens and blues with mample fingerboards), but pleased too 'cause it means I don't have GAS.

Please Fender, a Mex or Squire Jag (with twin HBs) in Surf Green with a maple fingerboard and white pick-guard. That would be an immediate sale.

P
[/quote]

I was thinking something similar - it's a shame that the Jaguar guitars and basses don't share the same colour palette. More surf green and sonic blue please!

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1421999565' post='2667486']

Thanks, CW - I am reading and am potentially interested but I suspect the CS price will be prohibitive - bet it comes out at £2.5-3k
[/quote]

Right you are mate, but if it's half as good as my 2013 Ltd Ed 55 Precision then it's worth bouncing off some 0% credit cards for 2-3 years, £70 a month should do it. Hehe, I'll stop being a devil now....

Edited by Chiliwailer

Yup, from PMT.

The 'Arry will be £948 and will be in within 1-2 months.
They are asking for pre orders. Well, happy to put down a deposit, but buggered if they are getting £950 then not delivering for 6 months.
I would hazard a guess that initial demand for a Steve signature based on the iconic white one is going to be high.