Why become a member? ×

Playing bass with a wedding ring on.

NJE

It depends on how big the ring is!!!

I'm old skool, so went for a relatively modest 4mm band when I got married. A lot of guys seem to favour much chunkier wedding rings nowadays.

It felt weird at first, and I actually took it off on my wedding day when I played (did a short 12 song set with the wedding band at the start of the night). But I got used to it after a while and now I don't even notice now.

I also find that wearing your wedding ring while playing helps to ward off the groupies when we play down the local Puke and Bucket.

Not to worry about the "signals" you are leaving when you play with it off. That little white stripe that doesn't get tanned when you wear the ring will certainly be seen by the girlies. I swear, they've got radar when it comes to that!!! Not that I'm admitting to anything now . . . lol

I've got into the habit of always removing my wedding ring and wristwatch when playing my bass - more comfortable and avoids any chance of metal/metal or worse still; metal/wood contact.

But I put both back on again at gigs when I'm not actually playing

Edited by Krysbass

Mine does foul the edge of the fretboard occasionally, it's also left a bit of slight discolouration along the edge, nothing too noticeable. If I think about it I take it off before I play, but I often forget. I always wear my watch though, although I turn it around to face inwards so I can read it whilst I'm playing-somebody needs to know how much longer we have to go!