Why become a member? ×

Whats in your rack?

bassboy115

[quote name='finnbass' post='25054' date='Jun 29 2007, 06:34 PM']It is DIY and you do detect some reverence. :)

Everyone I know who has built one of BFM's cabs has sworn by it and often sold off their off-the-shelf boutique cabs afterwatds.

If you search for BFM on here you should find quite a bit of info and he has his own forum on my site with a lot of build diaries.[/quote]

Whats the low end on that sort of thing like? :huh:

Well my new rig is now up and working thanks to john clark at voodoo lab, after he talked me thru the setting up procedure I now have all my pedals named into the floor unit and I can set up multiple pedal patches and song pedal sequences so that during a set I don,t have to break into an irish jig when I need to select several effects in a rapid sequence.
I,m so happy.
Time for a beer..

• 2 weeks later...

[quote]If I could get some of the effects from GarageBand or Logic Express into a rack I'd have those too and I could get rid of the compressor. Right, I'm off to borrow me mate's MacBook, a shoehorn and a hammer.[/quote]

Well.... I don't think it'll run AU plugs from Logic, but [url="http://www.museresearch.com/"]this lot[/url] make a 2U box that runs VST effect and synths without dragging one of those troublesome computer-type-wotsits on stage with you. looks like a fun way to fill a few empty spaces!!

Edited by mike257

[quote name='alexclaber' post='26701' date='Jul 3 2007, 08:16 PM']Not that I'm counting but do I have the most watts per rack space? :huh:

Alex[/quote]

[quote name='finnbass' post='26727' date='Jul 3 2007, 09:35 PM']But your 'knobs/dials and lights' quotient is basically pathetic :)[/quote]

[quote name='finnbass' post='23788' date='Jun 26 2007, 10:42 PM']Maximum bling for buck...

Chavtastic :huh:[/quote]

Could I chime in and say that now my V-Type is out of my rack I have 2K RMS in 2u. Is that too much?

[quote name='Gazm' post='14625' date='Jun 9 2007, 02:21 PM']My latest incarnation:

Front
[attachment=566:RackFront.JPG]

Rear
[attachment=567:RackRear.JPG]

JTS US-8001D Wireless Receiver
Korg DTR 1000 Tuner
Behringer MDX2600 Compressor
Behringer FBQ1502 EQ (channel 1 used for compressor side chain)
DHA VT2 Dual Custom Bass
Sound Tech 802 amplifier
SWR Working Pro 700 head

No money left![/quote]

Hi mate,

What have you used to mount the PSU on the left hand side and the power strip at the top? I need to do the same and the only thing I could think of was something like No-Nails... :)

Cheers,

Jim.

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='33976' date='Jul 19 2007, 07:00 AM']Hi mate,

What have you used to mount the PSU on the left hand side and the power strip at the top? I need to do the same and the only thing I could think of was something like No-Nails... :)

Cheers,

Jim.[/quote]

Hi Jim,

The small PSU at the bottom is fixed with Maplin velcro tape, the larger top PSU is fixed with velcro and tie wraps (two holes drilled through the side for each wrap).

For the power strips, I measured the mounting holes on the strips, drilled the top of the rack and used 5mm round head screws/bolts poked upwards. These then had a washer and a 5mm nut added, the screw was then 'pulled' from above and the nut tightened. Once both were tight I Dremmelled the remaining shaft off the screw level with the nut.

Hope this makes sense!

Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished putting her together last night...

This is the new front end of my rig. It's two-channel affair, with independent pre-amps for each pickup. The outputs of these are then commoned via a transformer/isolator, to give a mono feed to the power amp. You can see what's in there by reading my signature, but just for the record, here's the list again:

From the bottom up:
1) MindPrint [i]enVoice[/i] recording channel (3-band parametric EQ with valve saturation/compression).
2) Peavey TB Raxx all-valve pre-amp. The first stage has a Fender tone stack; the second is a Baxendall.
3) Korg DTR-2. This is not part of the signal chain. It is fed from an auxiliary line output of the Peavey.
4) Input/Output panel. The XLR socket takes the signals from the bass (stereo unbalanced). The jack socket is the line output to the power amp. Next is the master output level control, and finally a mute switch. The two little screws in the middle of the panel hold in place the hidden item: an ART DTI box. This handy bit of kit contains two signal transformers. It enables any combination of two sources (balanced or unbalanced) to be fed through without developing any hum loops.

Edited by Oxblood

• 1 month later...