Why become a member? ×

Transcribing Problems

norvegicusbass

I have a transcription of Dancing Queen by Abba ( not my kind of music but the bassline is nice and funky ) and have decided to write it out myself in TuxGuitar so I can slow it down a bit and get the rhythm and fingering down pat but I am having trouble. The main point is that the notes and rests dont quite seem to fit the bar somehow. I know the original transcription is accurate and the inability for me to get it to fit is wholly down to me.

One problem is in the very first bar. There is a run of notes that look like a triplet but has a double beam that ties them together. What does that mean? The three notes seem to occupy an interval covering a whole note and a sixteenth. I just cant seem to make it fit.

[quote name='norvegicusbass' timestamp='1421872173' post='2666121']...I just cant seem to make it fit.
[/quote]

Is this of any help..? (Download and save as 'pdf'...)

[attachment=181732:Dancing-Queen.pdf]

...It'll show you how and where those notes fit, at least.

Thanks for the answers jamplay and Dad3353. Yeah that is the exact transcription I have. If I could pick your brains regards notation again I have a few questions I would be most grateful if you would help me out with.

In bar 6 it has a couple of notes on the E where it has them joined like eighth notes but a short bar following the first E and not reaching the second how is that played?

In bar 9 the last group of notes E,B and C ( although he puts a B# here ) what is the timing of that run? I know it is a group of sixteenths but which note of the 4e&e is rested?

Also in bar 11 the very last group of notes has three beams joining the first two notes in that phrase but only one from the second to the third and I am unsure as to the timing this indicates. H and PO I surmise is hammer on and pull off but it is the timing that has me puzzled.