Why become a member? ×

Turning a Harley benton PB-Shorty into a JB-Shorty.

blablas

Temporary attached all the components to check if everything fits inside the cavity and how the string align over the pickup pole-pieces.
ZGxhAMq.jpg
Looks good, next step is shielding and sorting out the wiring.

Edited by blablas
changed picture links
  • Like 2

Finished wiring and everything works properly.
0EPnOo4.jpg

H3wYwBv.jpg

ryYy1RA.jpg
All that needs to be done now is doing a proper setup and after that have fun with it.

More detailed pictures when lighting conditions are better.

Edited by blablas
changed picture links
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to rebuild another P-Shorty in the near future, decided where I want to go with it.... 51-P-Shorty!

Pickup will be a Haeussel P-Bass OldStyle humbucker, the pick guard will probably be tort, everything else as much stock as possible.
The pickup will get a switch for series/single/parallel mode. The controls will just be passive volume and tone.

But first I need to finish my full custom build 12 string.... Now there is a extra motivation to hurry and finish it.

More details once the pickup and bass are ordered and the rebuild starts.

Edited by blablas

• 4 weeks later...

The modifying itch is here again!

I just can't get used to the one that only has the P pickup, I really miss the bite a bridge pickup gives me.
Time to start on a PJ, or to be more specific - I am going to add a J pickup (dual coil with a parallel/series switch) to my PB-Shorty....
Which will turn it into a PJB-Shorty.KkeEFUtNM33ZpHEyEkQP.gif&key=f6cd419f93728f0caffbf404d6ba878bce658d3d04a91a3e597dc82865d100e1

I've already got the pickup, a couple of small but essential parts are on order for this modification, once these are in I'll be doing some updates here.

This realization also means I need to rethink the plan I had for the 51-P conversion.
For the time being this one will be on hold.

Edited by blablas
  • Like 1