Why become a member? ×

Aloominum bass???

ubit

In fairness, it probably depends what sort of tone you're after. I struggled to nail the sort of bright/snarly/touch of overdrive racket I usually favour without getting microphonic feedback, chances are it'd be fine with more neutral amp EQ & no effects.

I didn't perservere with it, it's surprisingly heavy for a hollow/light metal body bass so I only gigged it twice. Looks ace on the wall though!

J.

Looking at the bass in the OP the aluminium content doesn't much more or much different in concept to the Traben "bigger bridge" basses form a few years back.

Aluminium in solid electric instruments is an interesting thing although IME it's more useful as a constructional component rather than a tonal element. I've owned a lot of basses and guitars with aluminium content, and from what I (and others) could hear the use of aluminium contributed less to the sound of the basses than the type and position of the pickups. For instance, this Born To Rock F4B Bass which is all aluminium except for two lightweight wooden inserts at the back of the neck had what most people who played it thought, a traditional P-Bass sound.

[IMG]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n249/BigRedX/DSC02174-1_zps72ba13f8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n249/BigRedX/DSC02176-1_zps38c1e4ce.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='dangerboy' timestamp='1421248414' post='2658924']
That Longfellow is in my living room.
[/quote]
Glad you've still got it Steve. That's a strong candidate for my 'coolest looking bass ever' category. Although that Egmond is now sporting a Jaguar-esque vinyl covered body and looks pretty damn funky as well. :)

• 11 months later...